300 workout Get yoself lean!

Zedrush

lol, also must note that even when you are cutting up or trying to lose weight cheat days are a must, as you need to shock your metabolism from time to time, so once twice a week have a cheat meal, like a big fat pizza or kfc, its okay :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im about 210lbs at the moment so how does that work out if a protein bar has 22gs of protein?

cool, i dont feel as guilty now.. anyway.. what do i do about this?

Think im going to get 1kgs of protein and a box of the bars to try out.

Im about 210lbs at the moment so how does that work out if a protein bar has 22gs of protein?

cool, i dont feel as guilty now.. anyway.. what do i do about this?

Think im going to get 1kgs of protein and a box of the bars to try out.

Well protein shakes will have about 30-40gs of protein per shake then what you eat throughout the day i.e chicken, tuna, turkey, steak, nuts, tofu, cottage cheese are all fortified with protein too, so its easily achievable.

Remember though protein shakes and bars are there in addition not to replace normal protein foods all together. Chicken and tuna have other nutritions that help too :thumbs: and steaks are a good source of creatine, any red meat is :thumbs:

Yeah dont go too mad with protien guys. Unless you are already hitting a platteau when working out it wont make any difference. If you are just starting out then a proper diet as Jay has pointed out will get you 90% of the way there. Its only when you need the extra 10% that you need to start hitting protein bars and shakes. If you take too much you'll just pee it all away :lol:

Yeah dont go too mad with protien guys. Unless you are already hitting a platteau when working out it wont make any difference. If you are just starting out then a proper diet as Jay has pointed out will get you 90% of the way there. Its only when you need the extra 10% that you need to start hitting protein bars and shakes. If you take too much you'll just pee it all away :lol:

Not so much pee more like poo :blush::lol: but you are 100% right

Hit cranberry juice hard too if you are taking alot of protein and vegitables as said protein will make your body very acidic, when you become too acidic its harder for your body to use fat and ends up storing it, so veg and fruit will help alkaline your body so you wont store as much fat :thumbs:

Also another factor dealing with stretch marks when I dropped from 20stone fat to 13.5 stone of lean muscle I was sure to get stretch marks, but the cranberry juice helps tighten your skin and everynight rub a mixture of nivea, vitamin e cream and aloe vera into your body, store it in the fridge you will not suffer that bad, as I have almost no stretch marks :thumbs:

cool i already drink alot of natural smoothies and get a free portion of mixed fruit at work every thursday, which i eat over the next few days.

Ive mainly just concentrated on cutting out as much carbs as i can from my diet.

Hoping the protein should help out once i up my regime.

thanks for the advice :teeth:

Mmmmm, cranberry juice!

I make a mean cranberry cocktail..... doh..... booze again.

When are they going to invent the beer that actually makes you slim, I've tried the guiness instead of food diet and it makes you fatter! The curry and lager diet sucks too.... :blush:

When are they going to invent the beer that actually makes you slim, I've tried the guiness instead of food diet and it makes you fatter! The curry and lager diet sucks too.... :blush:

They do make low calorie beer, but like low fat everything, it takes mank! :surrender::yuck:

It's very easy. I worked offshore so had to be 'dry' all the time onboard a rig. I can take or leave booze, just that I usually take it when on offer! :lol:

I worked in a bar as a student so all those sober nights serving beer had to be made up for!

Guest prescience

you should charge for this advice mate B)

good one about the metabolism shock - can I have a shocking week or not :lol:

It's very easy. I worked offshore so had to be 'dry' all the time onboard a rig. I can take or leave booze, just that I usually take it when on offer! :lol:

I worked in a bar as a student so all those sober nights serving beer had to be made up for!

lol :lol::headhurt:

you should charge for this advice mate B)

good one about the metabolism shock - can I have a shocking week or not :lol:

PMSL :lol: sod it why not make it a shocking year :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jay do you take any protein shakes or suppliments? I could do with a wee but of inside knowledge in this area :thumbs: Cheers my bruva from anotha mutha :lol::lol::lol:

www.monstersupplements.com give good phone advice and they're pretty cheap compared to other suppliers I have used. I take an all in one supplement but it's pretty expensive compared to purer protein shakes like whey. Incredible results though but you have to eat loads of carbs and protein to really get any benefit from it.

Is there an alternative exercise you'd recommend to deadlift Zedrush, it doesn't suit me. . .

an alternative exercise to dead lift is a tough one bud as its a compound movement and is one of few exercises that targets all of the major and some of the minor muscles in the lower part of the body, especially your lower back and hamstrings and really works on your core strength. If you have had back problems then i suggest start of light then build up, and really focus on the technique more than anything. i definatley would not recommend missing it out altogether as its perhaps one of the most important exercises out the lot. Your lower back is of paramount importance to your whole body strength, :blush:

Zedrush,

You say cut out carbs after 3pm, but what carbs do you eat before 3pm and which do you avoid?

Your workout looks awesome mate but what about when you just want to burn fat/lose weight? Will doing loads of cardio plus cutting down on carbs after 3pm have the desired effect? I bought a treadmill recently and have started to step it up and am currently getting on it dailly.

The summers coming up and need to lose the gut built up over the winter :drunk::blush::lol:

Zedrush,

You say cut out carbs after 3pm, but what carbs do you eat before 3pm and which do you avoid?

Your workout looks awesome mate but what about when you just want to burn fat/lose weight? Will doing loads of cardio plus cutting down on carbs after 3pm have the desired effect? I bought a treadmill recently and have started to step it up and am currently getting on it dailly.

The summers coming up and need to lose the gut built up over the winter :drunk::blush::lol:

If you want a cardio workout with a target, and want to use your treadmill, look up a half marathon or 10k training schedule online and do that. ;)

The intervals will work on speed and stamina and the twisting action of running does help work the gut. :)

an alternative exercise to dead lift is a tough one bud as its a compound movement and is one of few exercises that targets all of the major and some of the minor muscles in the lower part of the body, especially your lower back and hamstrings and really works on your core strength. If you have had back problems then i suggest start of light then build up, and really focus on the technique more than anything. i definatley would not recommend missing it out altogether as its perhaps one of the most important exercises out the lot. Your lower back is of paramount importance to your whole body strength, :blush:

I can do moderatley heavy weights but this exercise as with squats with weight always hurt my lower back, its genetic. Dad's the same. Maybe I'll just do more with lighter weights like you recommend. Now about the other exercises I can't do :lol:

Zedrush,

careful not to overdo it on the treadmill as doing the same motion for more than 20mins and your body wont react as well and burn despite popular belief.

Carbs to stay away from:

white bread

processed foods

fizzy drinks

Some carbs have multipurpose benifits for example

jacket potato has more vitamin c than 5 oranges if you eat the skin as well, mix that with some tuna and spinach and you got yourself a good nutritional meal with good carbs. Carbs is an energy fuel, so youll want to match your cardio to the amount of carbs you have taken that day in order to lose. If you over train then you will eat into your muscle and lose body composition. If you under train then your body will naturally store the excess carbs you had eaten and store as fat. You cant excrete carbs as easily as you can protein unfortunatly as your body cannot store protein, yet it is vital for muscle repair and growth :thumbs:

grapefruit is excellent way of speeding up your metabolism as is green tea :thumbs:

With my GF cousin who won personal trainer of the year and trains alot of stars we are releasing some products end of the year will help everyone out in training as really straight forward and results really work if you put effort in, it covers both nutrition and training. Will speak to mods if can advertise on here and sell once its ready to release and work out a % towards this site on every sale :thumbs:

In meantime if you want a training plan or help with nutrition Id be more than happy to help out and its completely free to members on here, saves you paying some wally at a gym who just reads from a text book and doesnt know if the workout or nutrition really works or not :thumbs:

25 pull-ups

50 deadlifts at 135 pounds

50 push-ups

50 box jumps with a 24-inch box

50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)

50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)

25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

Target time to get all done: Under 20 mins

Record to beat: 18 mins 52

, you don't quite manage 25 pull ups though. . .

Think the thread is working. I'm just about to head out to supermarket to buy some green tea and grapefruit :blush:

Anything else you recommend while I'm out?