My First Zed Shed Adventure & Shenanigans

gg2040uk

Hey lovely peeps!

I wanted to quick post/ramble about my visit to see the lovely @Keyser in the Zed Shed ere down south!

So I have been a forum member for a couple of months, total zed newbie! I have managed to meet some lovely peeps so far through this forum. Breakfast meets are a fav, combing a drive out in my zed, food and car talk is always a plus! :D Dont think I have met a nicer more helpful bunch of peeps! Which led me onto my first zed shed adventure!

So! I bought my 350z last nov! its a 2007 grey GT revup, which was seemingly mostly oem... (until we looked closer....hah!)

Phase 1 ... new brake discs and pads...

I think the way to put it was I badgered poor @Keyserinitially for some advice on brake discs, being when I bought the car; it had a sight judder at high speeds so knowing I would have to replace the discs/pads or both at some point.... Oh I also badgered the poor guy to take me out in the GTR! Many doughnuts were bought as a bribe and he relented...!

So @Keyser pointed me in the direction of @buster at Tarmac Sportz since he had to reign back a wee bit (I get very enthusiastic!).... I had specced myself DBA T2s and DS2500 pads .... and it was pointed out maybe wee bit of overkill......considering I am only a spirited motorway driver at the moment... ...see...... excitable at shiny things!

I ended up buying this package from Tarmac from the lovely Bob! There also was a convo about an invida exhaust..... maybe later this year Bob... maybe sooner......

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/tarmac-sportz-nissan-350z-brembo-03-09-mtec-brake-disc-cosworth-brake-pad-and-hel-braided-brake-hose-package.html

Super chuffed to say they arrived the next day, thanks again, awesome service!!!

Next step... badger the zed shed to book me in and show me some of the stuff! I may be a noobie but keen to learn and have a go at some bits.

So I was booked in for good friday, I arrived at the mighty zed shed with biscuits and krispy kreme's in arm just after 9am... standard entrance fee I am told! ;)

I then proceed to have a fun day of hanging out, chatting cars, computers/gaming (I am pc gaming nerd too!) , 'doing car things' and learning bits along the way. I think the biggest surprise for me was having the car on the ramps and seeing underneath... how much more stuff I need to get.... more shiny things... I know I know... so it begins....

The old front pads were pretty well stuck in so lots of hitting with 'boshers' were involved, I quite enjoyed that part of it!! Apparently I have super muscles as we had to undo the caliper bolts behind which are usually a nightmare?... but I gave them a small tug and they moved.... (flex!) not sure that is a good thing tho since they are holding bits of my brakes together?!

Anyhoo, here are a couple of pics from the day.

20190419_100411.jpg.3e0483e78e737f9da85193d19b0240c6.jpg

This is one of me pretending to do something!!

20190419_123131.jpg.516979bca278ae5297d12ab58dddb924.jpg

We had an interesting find on the back brakes. Turns out both my rear discs were the wrong size..... again something I wouldn't have known to check when buying!! in any case.... here is the pic to laugh at..!

20190419_112555.jpg.6ccf5d334fa97801d689cb8a5c6f0053.jpg

it was rather amusing to say the least seeing how the pads had worn....... check out the 'chunk' left!!!

20190419_124616.jpg.5b22def6b77d1a948b722c563553f2d7.jpg

@Keyser doing the proper bits!

20190419_152638.jpg.3b175478d7d50214526f9674d85d027f.jpg

oo shiny

20190419_160218.jpg.bc1358ccfbdfa4680b30697fdfbb5d6a.jpg

So I have my zed back at the mo, but have some other bits planned... I haven't told @Keyser the extent just yet... heheh... but massive thanks to you fine sir putting up with a noob for the day and all the hard work you put in! :D 

I am one happy lady with smarter looking brakes and no judder!!! woohoo!! Looking forward to my next shenanigans at the zed shed for Phase 2.... :D

Maz (gg2040uk)

x

Edited by gg2040uk
  • Like 3

@gg2040uk You weren't pretending you got stuck in and good on ya. :thumbs:

BTW Guys don't upset her she undid the front caliper bolts like they were nothing :scare:  - I've had to hang of those with a breaker bar in the past!!!

Had a great day and we found out why your Zed didn't slow down so quick, it should now :)  - I'm assuming they were JDM rear brake discs with Brembo calipers :doh:

See you again soon at the Zed Shed I'm sure :lol::thumbs:

• Like 2