Seems too cheap ?

cerealuk

Hi all, my first post here :) Just looking to get myself a 350z and stumbled across this useful looking forum :)

Quick question, Im looking at one of the GT4 z's and it seems a bargain for what the dealer is asking.. almost seems too cheap! Wondered if any of you could advise? It's a 100mile trip for me to get there so want to get some opinions before i make the journey!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?photosOn=1&dealerid=49879&did=49879&pageid=3&modelexact=1&make=NISSAN&model=ANY&min_pr=0&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&keywords=&max_records=50&photo=0&dealersearch_full=SEARCH&start=2&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200807303991680

Big link, should hopefully work. If not then go to http://www.karshop.co.uk/49879/stock.htm and select nissan and its the 2nd one down

cheers all !

Dont be fooled that is not a GT4, looks more like an import to me. :dry:

Seems abit odd rectangular plate on the front, square on the back :wacko:

Nah not convinced, give them a call and ask them what number out of the 176 it is. ;)

Yep, Import unless its had a jap rear put on a UK car!

Dont think the price is that good...

I think its a great price if it is a uk car...............my money is on the previous owner or even the dealer sticking a JDM bumper off ebay on it probably not realising there is a difference. Everything else seems to point to a uk car. I'd be asking if there is a limited edition plaque between the seats and what happened to the original wheels. i'd also want to know what exactly caused the rear bumper to be replaced :)

:welcome: and enjoy the forum.

a weird one for sure, I would give them a call or better still go and have a look at the car. Check the speedo has had the KPH blacked out, sure sign it's an import, also another thing is to check the radio, jap frequencies are different to ours

Interesting one indeed.

Am I right in saying an import shouldn't have cruise control?

Hard to see in the pics but I think it has sat nav which isn't listed in the spec.

I don't remeber if JDM's had cruise but its defo the uk sat nav..... :)

a weird one for sure, I would give them a call or better still go and have a look at the car. Check the speedo has had the KPH blacked out, sure sign it's an import, also another thing is to check the radio, jap frequencies are different to ours

tbh i dont think its worth looking at, at that price

Why not?

Why not?

because its big money for something that potentially has been crashed/stolen, when you come to sell it the new buyer unless he's dim will be asking the same questions and will walk away

unless you buy it and replace the bumper with a uk one and lie

Why not?

because its big money for something that potentially has been crashed/stolen, when you come to sell it the new buyer unless he's dim will be asking the same questions and will walk away

unless you buy it and replace the bumper with a uk one and lie

We don't know yet that it has been crashed or stolen. It could of just been scraped and replaced. You could get a UK bumper pretty cheaply and the price is well below the current GT4 prices for a two and a half year old zed.

Obviously it could turn out to be a Cat D or the like which is a different story.............. :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. If you're looking at pre-loved 350's or any car for that matter, it always pays to lift up the carpet where you can to inspect for gremlins.

Good luck with your quest for 350 ownership. Don't forget to have a look at the ones for sale on this forum. ;)

Looks to me to be a UK car that has had the rear bumper replaced for whatever reason. I think the wheels and the rear bumper change will have put most buyers off (i.e. not standard) so the dealers have had to drop the price to try and sell it. It looks pretty tidy, esp the engine bay. Someone has looked after it or the dealer has had it cleaned which I doubt. Also noticed the ash tray appears to be missing.

You need to get the background of why the rear bumper has been changed, and if its all legit its a bargin, but any sniff of crash damange and I'd give it a miss.