Back from the bodyshop! Now with 20" wheels on!

Stew

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe how sexy those rims look, ive got a dark grey Z (dunno what the exact name for the colour is, so, er, grey!) Had my eye on some dotz alloys, but was told they wouldnt fit, due to the calipers sticking out so much, What rims are those in the pictures?

I went for the dark rims to be different and to give the car a more original look. Everyone has seen Nismo with virtually every wheel going! Don't think there are many Azures with dark wheels kicking about... Not to everyones taste but very nice!

Got a tommy badge for the back Digsy. ;)

As I say, better pics to follow and hopefully it'll be sweet.

Looking good.

Though Paul had that Nismo front fitted and a normal size plate will not fit in the gap.

However normal size letters on a smaller plate (smaller border) may fit just nice. (that gap will need to be a minimum 101mm)

There are minimum border and letter sizes which for plates fitted after 1st Sept 2001 are:

Characters:

Height 79mm

Width (except the figure 1 or letter l) 50mm

Stroke 14mm

Space between characters 11mm

Space between groups 33mm

Top, bottom and side margins (minimum) 11mm

Space between vertical lines 19mm

The document from the DVLA stating these can be found here:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leafle ... plates.pdf

If you trim the characters and margins all to the minimum, the plate will look "different" to other cars, and may be cause for the fuzz to stop you, even though the plate does conform to the legal minimums. So having the document and a ruler handy may be beneficial.

A std plate would not fit.

I will have to resort to mounting it at some point but for MOTs etc, I can live with it. When (not if) the police take an interest it'll be a std plate (cut down of excess) that is mounted straight onto the bumper ala std Zed mounting.

P1010314.jpg

P1010309.jpg

P1010307.jpg

P1010308.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Here are some cleaner pics! Still not super clean but will do....

Glad you like it Adam, I think I've created the look I was after. Still some bits to fit to tidy it up. Thanks for your advice! :thumbs:

Definitely be careful with them!

Just a quick wash with Megs detailing shampoo and layer of blackfire wax. Just a quickie hour job. Washed and zaxed the Zed and her focus and washed the freelander. took everything out and tidied up in about 2 1/2 hours so it was no means a serious clean!