Steering lock....pulled the fuse but still won’t start

puffingbilly

So the key light came on today and the dam car wouldn’t start until I did the shorting of the pink wire at the module. It got me home....so far so good. 

Once home I tried to do the fuse pull fix as it looks pretty easy although fiddly.

With the fuse box open, did the shorting of the pink wire and the car into ACC mode and pulled the fuse. Got a full house of lights and the auto stick moves but it still won’t start. 

Gave up, put the fuse back in and locked the car only to find it wouldn’t un lock , mild panic but the boot opened which released the doors. 

Reset it by shorting the pink wire and starting it, phew and now we’re are back to it won’t start but at least I can open and lock the doors.

i deffo pulled fuse 4....

what am am I doing wrong?

least it’s not my only car so not stranded.

help!

It wont work. You need to pull the fuse Before the steering lock is engaged, when the car is fully working. If yours has gone faulty like they can do, its failed in the "locked" mode so pulling the fuse now has no effect.

2 Choices are the warranty replacement (if youre still covered and the recall is still valid) or the box from Sly.

Just as an update and this might help others.....

Found some useful guides and data on the US forum about which revision lock to buy. D or E as the c which I have is the most troublesome 

used 1st choice spares and located two at circa £200 a go.

however I was not convinced I needed a lock as the car would drive after hot wiring it to start.

all the advice was to pull the fuse in ACC so I took it one step further and pulled the fuse with the car running and jobs done....it’s running on the button.

will keep the paper clip and wire with the two croc clips in the glove box though!