Braided brake lines?

Zedrush

Just ordered some brake pads, calipers, motvil fluid and some braided brake lines from Big Phil. Rather do his head in and call him up again lol, just wondered what advantages are there in having braided brake lines, Andrew told me once but I forgot lol :blush::lol:

Just ordered some brake pads, calipers, motvil fluid and some braided brake lines from Big Phil. Rather do his head in and call him up again lol, just wondered what advantages are there in having braided brake lines, Andrew told me once but I forgot lol :blush::lol:

:lol: you make me laugh!

Braided lines will give you more feel on the brakes, and under extreme braking give you more pressure on the pads and hence more braking power as they wont flex like standard rubber lines. The difference on my R6 is massive, not sure how much you'll notice it in the car.

Whats motvil fluid? Is that like Bovril? :lol: You dont want to be putting that in ur brake system!

I got some Motul stuff from Phil also so heres a big :thumbs: for ESR.

Think it may be Albanian ;)

:p:lol:

cool I thought I was buying them for the looks lol, but then you wont be able to see the lines anyway will ya? Infact where on earth do these go? :blush:

Whats motvil fluid? Is that like Bovril? :lol: You dont want to be putting that in ur brake system!

cool I thought I was buying them for the looks lol, but then you wont be able to see the lines anyway will ya? Infact where on earth do these go? :blush:

on the brakes :yawn:

:doh:

On a serious note, dont know how these work on cars as I've only changed them on bikes, but do these lines run from the master cylinder the full length of the car to the calipers or is there hard piping going all the way and these just do the last couple of foot that needs to be flexible for the suspension movement? I'm guessing the latter. :surrender:

On a serious note, dont know how these work on cars as I've only changed them on bikes, but do these lines run from the master cylinder the full length of the car to the calipers or is there hard piping going all the way and these just do the last couple of foot that needs to be flexible for the suspension movement? I'm guessing the latter. :surrender:

the latter

the latter

exactly what I was abouts to put.... honest ...not :lol::blush:

the latter

Hmm, might have to get me some if I venture into track days as well as some better brake fluid, as they shouldnt be too hard for even a muppet like me to install :thumbs:

Let us know how you get on wth them Jay

the latter

Hmm, might have to get me some if I venture into track days as well as some better brake fluid, as they shouldnt be too hard for even a muppet like me to install :thumbs:

all kept in stock for both Brembo and non Brembo.

the latter

will do, as it was recommended by esr and Ive always gone by what they say or recommend, so I know it will be an improvement. Just wish me uck when I try and bed the pads in :headhurt::lol:

the latter

will do, as it was recommended by esr and Ive always gone by what they say or recommend, so I know it will be an improvement. Just wish me uck when I try and bed the pads in :headhurt::lol:

I'm sure theres always a member near by to give a helping hand, or foot in this case :thumbs:

EDIT: Managed to fix the broken quotes too :surrender:

yep, I didnt want the Zinc ones so opted for stainless steel too with red coverings or whatever you call them.

got them from Brakes4u off the traders section on here. Maybe should have gone to Bigphil looking back but didnt realise he did them.

I ran the Nismo braid lines supplied and fitted by RJN for 2 years with road and track use. Think they mad a big difference in feel but not stopping power. Just seems that after a bit of track work they did not have as much fade/pedal travel compared to normal pipes.

I did 6-7 track days in the Zed including the Ring, Abbeville, Brands GP, Silverstone, Anglesy and Bedford and the biggest gain is changing the fluid. Also 40,000 road miles with braided lines. 10,000 miles with Nismo pads and 5,000 miles with DS2500 front pads. Recommend the Nismo pads (less noise than DS2500), EBC fluid and Braided pipes. Think upgraded brake kit is OTT unless you are going to have a dedicated track car.

Only speaking from experience as not a car mechanic or in the car trade, so only independent views here.