Best clutch fluid

Colin747

Hi Colin, I upgraded my Zed's clutch line to braided and RBF660 fluid last year, as the clutch pedal was getting a bit floppy in heavy, slow traffic.

The upgrade has marginally improved clutch feel and resolved the slight floppy pedal feel when in heavy traffic.

Braided lines are available from Traders on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Fair enough, I've never encountered any problems with my clutch pedal in traffic etc. How heavy/long would you have to be in traffic before you would notice the issue? Or is there a way I could check if the slave has already been changed?

Well mine is a high mileage rev up and it was the original slave. 30 mins of stop start would send or spongy, or a couple of hours on the road then traffic would do it. But even queuing in to japfest although or was close I still made it. But it did get progressively worse through time. I'd say of you have no issues, why spend?

14 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Well mine is a high mileage rev up and it was the original slave. 30 mins of stop start would send or spongy, or a couple of hours on the road then traffic would do it. But even queuing in to japfest although or was close I still made it. But it did get progressively worse through time. I'd say of you have no issues, why spend?

My P3 is due so I was changing the clutch fluid just as a matter of course. Though mine has never went spongy in stop/start traffic so I'm wondering has the slave/line already been done. 

I changed my slave as a precaution at last service last month. I already had a braided line so no need to do anything with that. I you are thinking of getting either or, get both whilst its all off and needs bled anyway.

• Like 1