UK car, GT Pack, Rays alloys, 53 reg £9,500 - SOLD :'(

Traktion

You're about the 3rd/4th person to ask me this, but it's easier for someone to fly to Belfast than for me to drive the car to England.

With the number of time wasters there are at the moment, I'd also need to be very sure that someone wasn't wasting my time.

I'm also no longer accepting any offers below 10.5k, also due to chancers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't understand how a car can be 'too far.' If it's the right car then surely it's worth traveling for. Ok, make sure it's right before seeing it by getting loads of pics etc but really, hop on a plane and then get an amazing drive home..... and a ferry ride! :teeth:

I'm in N.Ireland and £250 will do it. :thumbs:

£50 for a fight, £100 for ferry, and £100 for petrol and grub on the way (and that's if it's form N.Ireland to London)

My mate is just back from Manchester with a £5000 BMW he bought there. The farthest I have gone is London to N.I. for a 928S4 Porsche (which is actually a very similar car to the Z)

This is going to be such a bargain for someone!

Is there anything that you have to do to bring it over to the UK? i.e. change number plates?

You just have to fill in a form (V55/5) at the post office to say it's registered at Cardiff DVLA, instead of Belfast DVLNI. It's literally 2 fields on a form (registration + fuel type) and, IIRC, it was free (or a small handling fee).

Number plates are still English plates, so nothing needs changing there either. We're all in the UK, so it's just that the paper work is handled at a different office.

The only bother is having to fly over here to view it and take it home again. Consider that a road trip, and you could enjoy your new wheels too! :thumbs:

P.S. I will be unable to deliver the car to a potential buyer for a viewing in England, unless a (decent) deposit and my transport costs are paid for. If you're serious about the car, and live outside of Ireland, I can pick anyone up at Belfast airport for a viewing. IIRC, a single ferry journey starts at around £80 (Belfast -> Birkenhead) to get back to England again.

I've started looking for a 350Z this past month and yours is an excellent price at £9500. However, there are a couple of similar spec ones milage less than 40k, in the uk between £9995 and £10500 in autotrader

So with only £500-£1000 difference, it becomes IMHO hard to justify the expense of going over to NI for a viewing as equally from the buyers side they could lose £250 if they don't decide to buy it, plus a lost weekend and if they do decide to buy it then you have to fork out to get the car across to the UK, which I don't know how much it is ?, then reregister the car etc, all to save less than 1k.

On the other hand I can see from the sellers view they don't want the expnse of bringing the car over in case its not a definite sold. It all makes the viewing process a lot harder, cos until you see the car and test drive it, you don't want to feel obliged to buy it, not an easy solution for buyer or the seller unfortunately unless the price difference was significant eg 2k plus.

Would it not be an idea Traktion got an independent car check report done eg by the AA, he could then submit with his advert. This would reassure buyers of the condition etc and any faults etc if any would be listed without the user having to view it, and offer reassurance to any potential buyers ? :thumbs:

I'd consider doing an independent car check if this was something important to someone, but I've not had anyone request this so far?

There isn't much point in me dropping the price further (or paying for ferries etc), as it becomes easier to just trade it in at that price. If this means it isn't attractive to mainlanders, there isn't much I can do, other than to get a mate to try his luck selling it near London for me.

Also, from looking at Pistonheads, when I checked the other day, the only cars of a similar price were either imports, non-GT packs or had some fault or other. My car is in great condition for the age/mileage, other than the scuffed alloys + seat bolster.

I appreciate your points though and it would be easiest if the buyer was from Ireland. I thought I would point out what is involved in moving the car to England though.

2 postings for me now, so only 48 more needed before I buy and then have to sell the 350z according to the new rules ! ;)

I would n't drop the price any further either as its already competitive, problem is not the price IMO its the viewing process with the car being over in N.I. and the expense of going over there to view.

Whilst noone has requested an independent report, because the buyer usually gets it, in this special case I really think that an independent report would result in a lot more interest, as in effect this would validate your description (tho I'm sure its honest anyway) by an independent body, which simplifiies the buying process and also the buyer potentially having to arrange a second viewing all the way over to N.I. and arrange a report themselves. who knows someone might buy your car without even viewing it based on the report. How much is it by the way to take it over on the ferry ?

Re pricing, autotrader has got at least 2 similar uk gt spec, 350z's and between 10 and 10.5k, and I'm sure on its weekly thursday edition, more will be available, only they get snapped straight up by the weekend. Whereas Pistonheads is a lot smaller in terms of adverts. One of them is just 35 miles away from me, so do I pop down one evening to view that or arrange a ferry to NI, pickup, viewing etc. In your favour tho your obviously love the car and I'd much rather buy from yourself, but theres a lot more expense and time involved for a first look , if you see what I mean

Anyway its only my 2 pennies worth, thought it may help, guess it depends how much you want to sell it, and if you do get a AA report let me know, as I may well be in touch as it looks a great car spec and price wise and your an obvious 350z enthusiast from your 350 review write up and forum postings :)

That's a truly great price Traktion, it's just a sign of the times and possibly a limited (Irish) market that it's not selling.

The problem with comparing cars for sale on Autotrader is that everyone assumes that the cheapest represent market value, when in fact they're either not great examples, low spec or being sold by someone who needs to shift it really quickly. I'm after a non-GT but if a good value car like yours popped up in the Emerald Isle I'd seriously consider a trip over - what a great way to get to know your new car :drive1

Good luck anyhow - be a shame if a dealer got it for peanuts off you :evil:

There isn't much point in me dropping the price further (or paying for ferries etc), as it becomes easier to just trade it in at that price.

have you had trade in values?

i've been keeping my eye on prices on zed's, there's been quite a few around £12-13k last month and some have dropped to £10k's over the weeks.

i assume they are the same, want to get as much as possible for it on a hard market.

but still a great price, good luck

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually a cracking looking car for the price, just what i'd be after aswell, gunmetal with rays. If you have this car in a few months, i'll certainly come to view it. I can't see you keeping ahold of this much longer due to the price.

looks like a bargain.

Cool, shame nobody made the effort :blush:

Well, it's easier for both me and the buyer this way, anyway! I've had plenty of interest at this price point (and even a couple of people asking to call if it falls through!), but I'm just happy that she will have a new home soon. I'm certain the new owner will have plenty of fun driving her! :)

Anyway, I'll stop counting chickens, until the eggs are in the bank account! :lol:

Yup, the buyer seemed like a nice guy though, so I think she will be treated well. I just forgot how much I hate selling cars... it's like selling a limb! :(

There seem to be a few other bargains out there, so I'm sure you'll bag yourself a good one!

For now, I'm sharing the other half's 1.2 Clio... :headhurt: