Rev Up oil consumption

JurassicZ

I am looking at buying another 350Z Roadster to leave in Spain for when we are down there.

I have found a mint, one owner, 2007 car, full Nissan S/H with receipts and done just over 30,000 miles.

At around 12,000 miles there was a service note about oil consumption to be checked at next service, then nothing else noted on the service receipts.

Is it likely that engines settle down once fully run in? What is the real cause for excessive consumption on the Rev up engines?

Thanks Rob

Okay, I feared that response.

A 370 has just come up at a good price, local and in my favourite colour of white.

My attention is now on that, but it does have one issue also. The bonnet just catches the A pillars on both sides. Will post on the 370 forum about that.

• 3 weeks later...

my zed has been well serviced all of its life and has high oil consumption. Have no doubt it's been like it most of its life. Bought it at 56k its now on 74k after a further 3 years. I've not had one problem in that period of time and I mean that. Changed wear tear parts, that's it. It's a daily driver too. Two oil changes in that time and about to do the third. So will compression test be the best way to check if its got problems?