Question on electric folding mirrors

Ramesh

Hi,

Correct me if i'm wrong but im finding that the side mirrors can only be electronically folded when the cars electrics are on. Therefore:

a) I turn the car off then remember I haven't folded the mirrors! Turn the cars electrics on and then fold the mirrors! Very annoying. :thumbdown:

B) Fold the mirrors then have to turn my head right round to see if there is any incoming traffic before the door can be opened safely. Very annoying. :rant:

Is there a way of getting the mirrors to fold automatically from the keypad i.e. when you lock the car? I've read the manual but there's no mention.

Ramesh

I don't think there is.

It's just a question of habbit when folding your mirrors. It's better than no folding mirrors at all. After I've closed them and switched the engine off I always flick the swith to open the mirrors. So when I restart the car the mirrors open automatically. This way I find I haven't set off without the mirros open.

Don't know of any other car that does what you want. Even mercedes is operated by a button.

Mine folds in automatically when locking the doors with remote fob., :teeth: but mines a JDM.., also dips down automatically to view rear wheels when reverse is engaged :thumbs:

oooo look @ him, all flashy!

nice one! wish ours did that :dry:

You have to buy one of these "cheap" imports to get all these features LOL ;)

You won't be able to have the "drop down mirror in reverse" feature on maual cars, as we don't have a gear position switch (It'll be inferred from Vehicle speed and engine speed for the EMS).

On Autos/Tiptronic the trans ECM will send out the gear position on CAN and therefore the mirrors can use this signal to drop.

There is an aftermarket product out there somewhere for this feature.

Cheers

Ade

You won't be able to have the "drop down mirror in reverse" feature on maual cars, as we don't have a gear position switch (It'll be inferred from Vehicle speed and engine speed for the EMS).

On Autos/Tiptronic the trans ECM will send out the gear position on CAN and therefore the mirrors can use this signal to drop.

There is an aftermarket product out there somewhere for this feature.

Cheers

Ade

Of course you can :p , mines a manual it will be triggered by the reversing light switch :thumbs:

Fair enough - far too simple an idea. I get wrapped up in EMS design on a day to day basis (mainly interfacing to Auto vehicles) - was making it too complicated.

and that language is ??? :blush::teeth: only joking yes simple is sometimes best :thumbs:

On my Golf there are several features that can be enabled using software that interfaces through the ODBII port on the car. Simple change of a value from 0 to 1 and the car auto locks at 10mph, same to make it beep when you lock it etc.

Im assuming that given the right software and interface the same may be possible with the Z.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine folds in automatically when locking the doors with remote fob., :teeth: but mines a JDM.., also dips down automatically to view rear wheels when reverse is engaged :thumbs:

Hmm, mines a JDM ST Model, and my mirrors dont auto fold in, or dip when i go in reverse.

Any ideas lomoto ?

• 6 months later...
For the mirrors, all you need to do is switch the power source from an ignition feed to a permanent 12v feed. Job done.

Not quite as simple as that due to it all being controlled through the BCM.

I am sure that stuff like this could be configured using a computer IF somoene was able to get hold of the Nissan software. I am sure its all dongled and protected to stop it getting leaked through.

Alarms etc could be used to do this but its not straight forward due to the way its all controlled. CanBus is a b*tch to interface with on the cheap.

so after all the discussion - is anyone able to get hold of the software and or product/module that will alow programing of the "extra" features - Mines a JDM and would quite fancy this certain option?!

Any ideas guys?