350Z wheel nut choice / options - RPF1s

EzeePzee

Hey folks,

ive currently got some RPF1s on my 350Z - with some small spacers and longer wheel studs (all by the previous owner)

I also fancy getting the wheels refurbed in black.

The wheel nuts currently fitted are Muteki open ended in neon blue, and these will need to be changed as the wrong colour and I believe they aren’t the strongest anyway (rumours of them stripping when used with a gun?) 

So, what are the options for other wheel nuts, in black? I’m concerned about the longer wheel studs but given the use of spacers etc I think there’s approx 20-25mm thread showing on the outside face of the wheels so maybe not a problem?

Need to be Ok for an average tyre depot to use a gun when needed, without scratching the wheels to ****.

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Titanium wheel nuts? Wow, I mean that's pretty cool but £300 for 20! 

And I thought my Nismo nuts were steep!

(https://www.nengun.com/nismo/wheel-nut-set)

Edit: Anyone looking for cheap strong nuts, go see Driftworks :thumbs: 

https://www.driftworks.com/steel-wheel-nuts-m12-black-and-silver.html

Edited by longsh07

On 25/04/2018 at 18:34, EzeePzee said:

So back on topic, I presume the Muteki nuts are ok then?

ill just order some more in black and sell on my blue ones I think. Unless there are alternatives (in similar price bracket) 

they are ok, but i doubt they would last till the end of the year before getting manky. Im part way through organising a group buy of those titanium ones with 30% off if you want to hold of a little longer?

1 hour ago, m4nn13 said:

they are ok, but i doubt they would last till the end of the year before getting manky. Im part way through organising a group buy of those titanium ones with 30% off if you want to hold of a little longer?

I’d love to but given the RRP of those I’d never be able to afford them. My Mutekis are actually in really good condition so will just get another set! Wasn’t sure if there were some closed ended nuts I could use but I suppose the only way I’d find this out is to get measurements and trial and error.