nissan customer services are a joke !

farmersti

Sorry if I've missed something Farmersti. What year is your 350? Obviously this depends if it falls within the specified coverage of the warranty. Unless there has been some sort of legal intervention before the expiry of the warranty, I'm guessing it's more or less the same in the UK.

I'd also be going to say check out http://www.350z-tech.com, doing a search on the issues, printing a few out, and taking them into the dealer. These are all known issues.

Sigh........ been there, still going through it mate, so I understand how you feel.

I think steve_b makes a good point. The motoring press would jump on this kind of thing at the moment because of the high profile launch and amazing press the GTR is getting.

It's all very well buying such an amazing car but what's the point if it won't get fixed? Nissan think they will tempt Porsche owners into a Nissan with tales like this????

Could be worth a letter......

Sorry if I've missed something Farmersti. What year is your 350? Obviously this depends if it falls within the specified coverage of the warranty. Unless there has been some sort of legal intervention before the expiry of the warranty, I'm guessing it's more or less the same in the UK.

I'd also be going to say check out http://www.350z-tech.com, doing a search on the issues, printing a few out, and taking them into the dealer. These are all known issues.

Sigh........ been there, still going through it mate, so I understand how you feel.

it was 3 years old the 1st march fault was logged with nissan last year

it was 3 years old the 1st march fault was logged with nissan last year

Oh, well, theoretically then, you should stand a chance. Good luck mate!! Keep us posted. :)

famersti

have a read of http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127993

Its a post about a bmw dealer on ebay pulling out of a deal, BUT the point is if you get lots of support by the masses of the internet you do get there in the end.

Everyone else its a long thread so not worth reading every post but chap wins ebay auction for M3 at $60k which is below the buy price for the dealer. Instead of honouring the deal the stealer has created untold damage to their reputation and now have given in and selling him the car as it hundreds of sites.

Might be worth setting up similar thread to help Famersti get what he deserves.

I did say it was long thread and may not be worth reading every post, BUT goes to show the positive impact of the internet when the small guy challenges the Big boys. The word spread like wild fire and I am sure the dealer has suffered more financially than if they did the right thing first off.

Page 49 loads for me, think they have done most of the work as the original poster has gone quiet and most think it be related to a confidentiality clause. Everyone that is taking it further is on a "mission" and some people did act in a way I would have not.

PS tells a story about where ebay stand and how much help they will give you.

PS tells a story about where ebay stand and how much help they will give you.

Yep eBay is a joke - OK when you are looking for a bargain and everything goes smoothly, but as soon as something goes wrong and buyer/seller is being unreasonable then all of a sudden it is very hard for you to 1)make contact with ebay and 2) get a result from them. They hide behind non-disclosue at every turn - you complaon about a seller/buyer, and it is found out through ebay's 'investigation', they will not tell you what punishment they receive so you are non-the-wiser as to whether anything has been done!

Sorry for going off-topic - I got left unreasonable negative feedback left on my profile and it was not even my fault!

:rant:

Just caught up with this thread, and although I hold no legal qualifications - this is my personal opinion.

You bought the car and it has a warranty.

Nissan would appear to have accepted responsibility for the faulty roof in the first instance by having it repaired. This repair is now deemed (and agreed by the offer of replacement) to be substandard and a replacement roof is now needed.

It would be my opinion that Nissan can not now reverse this acceptance of responsibility due to any actions you may or may not take with the car in the future.

A warranty can be voided by misuse or abuse of an item and can not be withdrawn just because the owner may be considering selling the item/vehicle.

It is my opinion that in any persuant legal action, you would have a very strong case.

I'm pleased to let you all know after a dozen or so letter's to people at Nissan including one that was translated into Japanese for us that was sent to japan . they have agreed to replace the roof free of charge. i have to say we had a lot of help from Wessex Newport they have been very helpful

• 3 years later...
Nice thread title,Nissan and customer services one after the other.:teeth:

I bought a new Navara Aventura on 1st September,the 5th one in the last 5 yrs.After about 700 miles the clutch started sticking so I took it back to the stealers and they told me clutches were on back order and Nissan wouldn't authorise a replacement vehicle until my vehicle had been stripped down and photo's of the clutch sent to them.

I then phoned Nissan customer services and told them the score.

Me,my motors 6 wk old and the clutch is knackered.

Nissan monkey,sorry to hear that,

me,your clutches are on back order so I can't get it fixed,

nm,you can take your motor to any garage you like to get your clutch replaced because its not covered by warranty.Its a consumable item.

me,my motor has done 700 mile and is 6wk old

nm,how do we know what you have been doing with it.

me,I have had 5 navara's in the last 5 yr,think I know how to drive them now.

nm,clutches are a consumable item and not covered by warranty,

me,so your telling me nissan release brand new vehicles with clutches not expected to last for a couple of mths

nm,our clutches are fine if the vehicle is driven in the correct manner,you have obviously done something to damage it.

me,am I on you've been framed or do you genuinely believe all the crap your talking.

nm,I don't need to take this abuse and the phone was put down.

My dealer sorted the clutch and supplied a courtesy car but nissan customer services are a forking disgrace.:headhurt:

Man thats shocking.