Where to get wheel alignment done...

jim

• 1 month later...

If you got 19" rims and its on coilovers or lowered slightly then you gonna have a problem as they cant get the equipment in... Just been trying to get mine done and I have been pointed in the direction of garages that look after racing cars...

If you got 19" rims and its on coilovers or lowered slightly then you gonna have a problem as they cant get the equipment in... Just been trying to get mine done and I have been pointed in the direction of garages that look after racing cars...

Nope, I'm just on the Rays, totally unmodified.

Mal.

How about in the Tyneside area? Anyone know a reliable place around Newcastle for laser-tracking? And any idea of the cost? I only need the front done, if that makes much difference.

Cheers,

Mal.

Northern Eastern Tyres and Exhaust (used by Benfield Motors) checked mine. They have a place on Middle Engine lane at Silverlink Wallsend tele 0191 2626363.A full check is free but beware its a slick operation and I got the impression they were generating work (I might be mistaken though). I descovered later they had also scratched my front nearside alloy during the check but didnt notice it until a couple of days later when I washed it. Have them check your car over with you before doing any work.

Im also told of a place on Team Valley Trading Estate called Xopower but havent been able to locate them in the telepone book yet so am going down today to see if I can find them from scant directions given. I'll let you know.

Vic Young in South Shields use Clarks Coachbuilders in Sunderland tele 0191 5237975.

Northern Eastern Tyres and Exhaust (used by Benfield Motors) checked mine. They have a place on Middle Engine lane at Silverlink Wallsend tele 0191 2626363.A full check is free but beware its a slick operation and I got the impression they were generating work (I might be mistaken though). I descovered later they had also scratched my front nearside alloy during the check but didnt notice it until a couple of days later when I washed it. Have them check your car over with you before doing any work.

Im also told of a place on Team Valley Trading Estate called Xopower but havent been able to locate them in the telepone book yet so am going down today to see if I can find them from scant directions given. I'll let you know.

Vic Young in South Shields use Clarks Coachbuilders in Sunderland tele 0191 5237975.

Cheers, Dicky - much appreciated. I already know I've got issues - the fronts are really badly worn on the insides, so I guess it's either toe-out or dodgy camber. Or is it castor? Whatever, it needs fixing.

Did you get a quote for actually performing the alignment (rather than checking for problems)?

Mal.

Cheers, Dicky - much appreciated. I already know I've got issues - the fronts are really badly worn on the insides, so I guess it's either toe-out or dodgy camber. Or is it castor? Whatever, it needs fixing.

Did you get a quote for actually performing the alignment (rather than checking for problems)?

Slight history attached to mine- Had problems a couple of years ago with road noise from the front tyres. Benfield tried to con me saying it was the Bridgestone tyres. It was actually due to feathering, a know problem on these cars. Eventually they fitted new front tyres and had the alignment checked at NET&E.

So approx 2yrs ago NET&E checked and set up all my wheel alignment.

When I took it down the other day because of another prob I have, they did the check free then said that all wheels needed adjustment and it would cost £70. Decided not to have it fixed cos I felt they were touting for work. It seemed strange they set the whole car up a couple of years ago and now there all out again? Im a steady driver so I would have thought they'd be still ok (not sure) Anyway Im going to get it checked at Clarks in Sunderland just to be sure. Oh by the way don’t bother with XOpower on TVTE it looks like a back street lock up.

Mal.

Slightly OT but I decided to get my tracking checked at one of the local tyre garages. They guy said sure no problem, walked out took one look at the car, all the colour drained out of his face and he said: "No way am I going to touch one of those mate, main dealer job".

Any ideas why he had such a reaction?

Slightly OT but I decided to get my tracking checked at one of the local tyre garages. They guy said sure no problem, walked out took one look at the car, all the colour drained out of his face and he said: "No way am I going to touch one of those mate, main dealer job".

Any ideas why he had such a reaction?

because he left skool when he was 11 and went to work in kwik fit :blush:

:bunny:

It was an ATS euromaster, went to the other local tyre garage (This one isn't a national chain) and the guy was the complete opposite, really helpful, really seemed to know his stuff and I will definetly be going back there.