My New Job, by Andrew aged 27 and a half.

AK350Z

Well, first a big boat hammers a "monopile" (big tube) 40m into the seabead - remember the turbine itself is 90m to the hub, so there is half as much again below the sea!

The the tube is pumped out, the yellow landing platfom is added and the base tube filled with concrete (weetabix? ;) ). The main body is craned on top in one or two pieces, then the nacelle, hub and two blades are added as one part. (known as the "bunny ears" :) ) Like you can see set up in the dock photos.

Attach to the grid via an 11KV cable and away you go!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first a big boat hammers a "monopile" (big tube) 40m into the seabead - remember the turbine itself is 90m to the hub, so there is half as much again below the sea!

The the tube is pumped out, the yellow landing platfom is added and the base tube filled with concrete. The main body is craned on top in one or two pieces, then the nacelle, hub and two blades are added as one part. (known as the "bunny ears" :) ) Like you can see set up in the dock photos.

crazy :scare:

is it like that film men of honour when you send someone down to screw the drills in? Are any fish ever killed when the pole is hammered in?

Lol, i don't think so. I would say all the fish would be scared off by the noise!

:lol: seriously though you have an awesome job, what a way to start a conversation with a chick... when they are what you do for a living you just have to reply... well you seen mission impossible?... well that film was based on me... " :lol:B)

If you get the chance to take some picks of one of these being installed - that would be interesting to see? (Well okay I would be interested!!)

Dont expect you do dive with an under water camera though :lol:

Good luck with the job and Zed

The the tube is pumped out, the yellow landing platfom is added and the base tube filled with concrete. The main body is craned on top in one or two pieces, then the nacelle, hub and two blades are added as one part. (known as the "bunny ears" :) ) Like you can see set up in the dock photos.

is it like that film men of honour when you send someone down to screw the drills in? Are any fish ever killed when the pole is hammered in?

You are a dumbass!!! :bangin::p

You are sexy!!! :wub:

Dude what did I tell you, I dont swing that way, now run along to sinbad, theres a good boy

:p:boxing::lol:

You are a dumbass!!! :bangin::p

But to be fair Sarnie, he is from London ;):lol: