New Knob

m4nn13

So I've had one of the classic knobs on for a while now that came with the car when I bought it (looks like a Mopedmark classic) along with the standard one. Love the weight but I've always found it a bit of an odd shape to hold (just a personal opinion nothing wrong with it at all). So after a quick message to Torqen manage to bag one of these:

yB2hOQD.jpg

A quick comparison side by side:

5zU89DD.jpg

And while I was at it, one if these for my slowly tidying engine bay:

ao4g1K7.jpg

Have to say after driving around today I prefer a bigger end to a narrow one (ooohhh yyyeeeaaahhhh)! Weight wise it feels fractionaly lighter but still better than the original stock and lovely to shift with!

Edited by m4nn13

15 minutes ago, Kev said:

Settled for a nismo gt titanium which is really good. Really improves the gear shift. 

That the dumpy metal one? I had one too, lovely bit of kit and as you say, totally improves the shift.

So what exactly is South Bend Clutch?

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

That the dumpy metal one? I had one too, lovely bit of kit and as you say, totally improves the shift.

So what exactly is South Bend Clutch?

Yeah that's the one. I really like it. Good weight and the finish is nice. 

And i I haven't got a clue either. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I believe south bend make clutches and have had a few of these knobs made for Torqen, but I thought it looked kinda cool and a bit different so gave one a go and it's great to be fair! I've also got the oem and the mophead mark special so can chop and change when i fancy it now but i'll be honest the shape of this new south bend one I love so.it won't be coming off for a bit!

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 2