HoHo - Car Tax Bands

KS2006

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/clv101/VED_bands.png

Notice that it's for cars from 2001 now, so collects everyone else (I guess my 07 is 280 something CO2's).

Ah well only money init.

Basterwards, so after 08-09, my older car (53) gets hit with the same tax as the newer ones? :rant: Thats not what I signed up for when I bought it :cry:

I was looking for the details on this.

As you say from the notes, it appears that the "standard" rate for a Z will be £440 per year regardless of the first registration date.

Scrapping the part about registered on or after 23rd march 2006.

If it was for new vehicles, to try and encourage people to buy greener cars when they are in the market for a new car I could understand it. Simply re-writing the book and applying it to all cars is not on at all.

I assume once this kicks in, there will be billions wiped off the second hand car market, as those which fall into the higher bands may not be as attractive to second hand buyers now.

a jump from £225 to £440 is a complete joke.

I was looking for the details on this.

As you say from the notes, it appears that the "standard" rate for a Z will be £440 per year regardless of the first registration date.

Scrapping the part about registered on or after 23rd march 2006.

If it was for new vehicles, to try and encourage people to buy greener cars when they are in the market for a new car I could understand it. Simply re-writing the book and applying it to all cars is not on at all.

I assume once this kicks in, there will be billions wiped off the second hand car market, as those which fall into the higher bands may not be as attractive to second hand buyers now.

a jump from £225 to £440 is a complete joke.

+1 - by the time it kicks in I will hopefully easily be able to afford it, but I'm thinking of the poor sod that has it after me (or not as the case may be!!!!) :angry:

mine was due at the end of the month :headhurt:

just bought it

New Tax Disc Details

12 Months at a duty of:

Licence Start Date:

£205.00

01 04 2008

"Simply re-writing the book and applying it to all cars is not on at all. "

:rant::rant:

+3

The whole system is a complete joke. Taxing the most polluting cars? I go to work at 5.30 am and hardly ever go in the zed, but if i did whats the most polluting, my zed doing 5 miles at half five in the morning when there are no hold up's or someone else doing the same journey at half eight that takes 3 -4 time's longer in a 2 litre rep mobile? :dry:

I wonder how it effects the JDM cars as they dont have the CO2/ Km stated on the log books ??

What is the CO2/Km for the original and revised spec cars? (apologies for my newbishness, dunno the proper names for em :blush:) I don't doubt that it is in this lovely new highest bracket but I'm curious as to where it stands.

The whole system is a complete joke. Taxing the most polluting cars? I go to work at 5.30 am and hardly ever go in the zed, but if i did whats the most polluting, my zed doing 5 miles at half five in the morning when there are no hold up's or someone else doing the same journey at half eight that takes 3 -4 time's longer in a 2 litre rep mobile? :dry:

That is exactly what I think! I could put my three ferraris etc (I wish) in a garage and use them once a week, pootle to work in a 1 litre car and STILL get hammered for tax!

That is exactly what I think! I could put my three ferraris etc (I wish) in a garage and use them once a week, pootle to work in a 1 litre car and STILL get hammered for tax!

Which really Nixy is what i do, my zed as only 11k on the clock and is 3 years old in May, its just a toy and not for me an every day car. :dry:

Oh well when 40+ zeds hit the welsh roads in May this will be a huge two fingered salute to the government. :teeth:

Exactly right Dave.

With myself and Tracy now working at the same office we are likely to do less than 2000 miles per year in the Z. Whereas we will do the best part of 12,000 in the Seat Diesel.

The figures mean that while the Z will pump out under 900kg of CO2 in the year, the Seat will churn out over 3.2 TONS!

Yet the Seat will cost £175 for the road tax, and the Z a whopping £440.

I can see garages increasing the premiums on new cars and having a "first years road tax free" offer plastered on the windscreen before long.

You simply cannot base a road tax system, or any other system for that matter, on emission levels without taking into account usage.

Were going to be paying for the CO2 emissions regardless of whether we generate it or not. There is absolutely no reason now why I shouldn't just use the Z as a daily drive to work and pump out almost twice as much CO2 just for the hell of it.

Two fingers to you Mr Darling.

Absolutely Taxed to the ****ing hilt now this country, Do they want the shirt off my back too? :rant::rant::angry::angry:
They probably dont but im waiting for a comment from Jay! :lol:

I think its disgusting, i was all for taxing cars due to how many miles you do per year in it, that way it works out fair on all counts.

Exactly right Dave.

With myself and Tracy now working at the same office we are likely to do less than 2000 miles per year in the Z. Whereas we will do the best part of 12,000 in the Seat Diesel.

The figures mean that while the Z will pump out under 900kg of CO2 in the year, the Seat will churn out over 3.2 TONS!

Yet the Seat will cost £175 for the road tax, and the Z a whopping £440.

I can see garages increasing the premiums on new cars and having a "first years road tax free" offer plastered on the windscreen before long.

You simply cannot base a road tax system, or any other system for that matter, on emission levels without taking into account usage.

Were going to be paying for the CO2 emissions regardless of whether we generate it or not. There is absolutely no reason now why I shouldn't just use the Z as a daily drive to work and pump out almost twice as much CO2 just for the hell of it.

+1 Chris :thumbs: Makes me so angry as i only did 3k in it last year. :dry:

Just phoned my brother at work who as the Ferrari 355 to give him the good news, this is also a weekend car :dry:

Guest prescience

Except that because of the lower MPG, you'll be paying twice as much in fuel duty :thumbdown:

Makes me so angry as i only did 3k in it last year. :dry:

:scare: 3K !!!!

Why have you even got it? I can do that in mine in a month!

Got to spend my money on something, i run 2 cars and work at a @*!# hole so my car never goes to work. Its just a toy car and i like it that way. :thumbs: