Knocking noise.

Blocko

At low speeds over bumps my car rattles terribly. It sounds like it's coming from the front passenger side. Had my mot today and the car flew through. The tester heard the rattle while driving on the ramp. It was such that he expected to find something hanging off but after looking all over he couldn't find the source and the car flew through the mot. The downside is I'm still stuck with a noise and the source remains unknown. It's really annoying so I was wondering if anyone else has an odd unexplained knocking so I know where to look.

Thanks

Yes compression arm ( banana arm ) common issue with the zed, the passenger side always seems to go first. Usually the bush fails in the arm and that can be replaced either with OEM or polly bushings though that's usually quite visible when they have failed so more than likely the ball joint has failed at the other end and that can't be replaced so it new arm time. As olly said best to PM the traders on here for options for OEM or aftermarket arms.

• 2 months later...