Defi display

Zedrush

After many months of searching, Big Phil has helped me trace down where to buy a Defi unit displays from in the UK...

DF05101.jpg

interior10kh8-2.jpg

Nemesis Lloyd and Guy do em and at a great price too B)

http://www.nemesisuk.com/mm5/merchant.m ... gory_Code=

Just want to know if anyone on here has got one or interested in doing a group buy..

Just for show really I think :blush:

That looks pretty bling, but I have to ask, why? Is it merely for show, or does it offer something more practical? Can it be hidden, because it might look a little odd sitting on top of the instrument cluster? and how does it hook inot the car's internals/is it easy to fit?

That looks pretty bling, but I have to ask, why? Is it merely for show, or does it offer something more practical? Can it be hidden, because it might look a little odd sitting on top of the instrument cluster? and how does it hook inot the car's internals/is it easy to fit?

It displays all the the menus like oil and that right in front windscreen, more importantly you can keep eye on the road whilst checking speed especially when going through cameras, as I almost crash whilst looking at my speedo and not judging how far ahead the car in front is. It seems pretty much straight forward to plug in and Im getting a friend who can disguise it on the dash and blend in with the rest.

Other than that its just looks, It is a bit of money I agree for something thats not gonna give much else, but i like it, bit nifty imo. :blush:

Jay prepare for a bit outlay if you just want the HU display. From what I've seen on a chaps Evo at the Reading meet, you not only need the HU display but also a control box which is normally used to control the other usual pod gauges, and then I think you also need wiring kits. Apparently its not worth it if all you want is HU display unless you have money to burn ;) My mate with his Evo looked into it, I can get prices and details if you want :thumbs:

Jay prepare for a bit outlay if you just want the HU display. From what I've seen on a chaps Evo at the Reading meet, you not only need the HU display but also a control box which is normally used to control the other usual pod gauges, and then I think you also need wiring kits. Apparently its not worth it if all you want is HU display unless you have money to burn ;) My mate with his Evo looked into it, I can get prices and details if you want :thumbs:

didnt know a control box is needed too, if this is the case then think you are 100% right not worth it for a bit of flash gizmo. Ill ask lloyd as think he has had one fitted and will report back later today, to see if worth going through or not :thumbs:

didnt know a control box is needed too, if this is the case then think you are 100% right not worth it for a bit of flash gizmo. Ill ask lloyd as think he has had one fitted and will report back later today, to see if worth going through or not :thumbs:

Let us know how you get on mate, i could be interested in one of these.

Things may have changed since I saw this guys Defi unit, but my mate wanted on at the time and the HU display is just that, it takes data from the control box and shows it on the screen. Its the control box that does all the work of reading pressures, temps etc. I'll bang my mate an email, and a search on the MLR :thumbs:

Things may have changed since I saw this guys Defi unit, but my mate wanted on at the time and the HU display is just that, it takes data from the control box and shows it on the screen. Its the control box that does all the work of reading pressures, temps etc. I'll bang my mate an email, and a search on the MLR :thumbs:

Cheers geeza, just spoke to Lloyd at nemesis, great chap, he is gonna post all info on here today. They are the official distributers in the UK

:thumbs: I think he said it comes with everything too, I might of got that wrong though :blush:

Speed and Revs would do for me :)

ditto :thumbs:

Should be fine then. In the original post you mentioned oil which set the alarm bells ringing.

Let us know how you get on, I could always be temted if the price isnt too extortionate :thumbs:

Another thing I have just noticed is that the model I was thinking of is the VSD basis, not the VSD concept that I posted images of earlier. This is apparently a cut down version and JDM Performance seem to do it ( http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... rodID=1974 )

Hmm. On paper the same but it doesn't look as pretty on the screen.

yeh i like the nemesis one better, nice find though :thumbs:

I have a feeling as I did some investigation (along with an Auto Electrician mate) that these are a PITA to fit. I know the Red zed has one but I think he has the full defi kit, if you just want bits of it then its not an easy job. Someone on one of the UK forums has one fitted as I did a post on the other site about it ages ago.

Also after lots of searching, I was led to belive the one that Nemisis are selling is now old stock (discontinued) and the one that Chris posted is the latest version. Not that it matters if somethign is discontinued...

I also did a bit of measuring up as I wanted to do a cut out on the dash and line it up nice and central, sort of 12 0'clock of the rev's. From the distances it wouldnt work as it was out of focus range so you would need to build a housing for it on the dash.

Looking forward to seeing the how too and the results though!! Llove the look and think it would be great adition to the Zed. :thumbs: