Show Us Your Custom Interior

Strudul

Need to do something about my interior trim, so looking for inspiration.

Trawled through a load of threads, but couldn't find anything central really showcasing what people have done.

Would be helpful if you could add what was done (dip / wrap / hydro dip / paint / re-trim).

Not a fan of CF, so unfortunately that's out of the question.

Was considering something silver, but it'd have to match the pre-existing silver or I think it'd look gash. Also an issue of having a lot of silver on silver, so you lose the contrast.

Tempted by orange as it'd go with the dial lighting, but don't want it to look tacky.

Hiya , I have hydro dipped in carbon black and contrasted with gold weave carbon , kindly have a look at my thread http://www.350z-uk.c...ations-project/ and let me know what you think :D

Saw yours and really liked it for the most part. However, the contrast between a high gloss finish and the remaining matte plastics would annoy me:

8tBo883.png?1

• Like 1

yes it is a tad annoying :D

I suppose you're stuck with the rubber handbrake surround, but was there no way to get the tray cover dipped? Though I guess you can just leave it open to hide it ;)

Edited by Strudul

Whys that? Some of the stuff a guy on the Celica forum does is pretty good, it is certainly a step up from dated plastics.

11824998_831925383570262_8898795002166202697_n.jpg?oh=9cc3fa4d9d3a393f6f4b5268f9ffd879&oe=59770C66

11205042_792153847547416_231826774738685716_n.jpg?oh=ff5ea300feaa53e99adce1a409e38cb3&oe=59A79AE2

The good thing about it is that it stops dash reflection - so in sunny weather you get a reflection on your windshield of the dash (I am a bit OCD and it drives me nuts)

Don't like textured stuff on car interiors, be it flocking, felt, Alcantara or fur.

Just seems weird having all these hard, dark metals, plastics and leathers with soft colourful furry stuff.

• Like 1

Each to their own I guess - I bought a cheap DIY kit off ebay and had a go myself and it worked quite nicely in the interior of the Celica, which to be quite frank is not that far off the quality of interior of an early 350z :) it certainly made it feel like the cabin had a more expensive quality to it.

Indeed. However, I'm trying to modernise the interior if anything, but flocking reminds me of suede, and although it may represent quality, it also looks like something my Grandma would wear ;)

That being said, fashion isn't something I can honestly say I follow, so for all I know it's probably trendy these days :lol:

• Like 2

so if you are wanting the more modern look, carbon, leather or metal finishes are what you might want to go for then bud.

Can't bring myself to like CF, always seems to look tacky and resembles sticking M badges on poverty spec Bimmers.

Leather looks really good, but will be expensive and / or difficult.

Metal-esque wraps look great, but concerned about conflicts with the rest of the silver bits. If I leave the silver bits as they are, then they will look out of place unless the wrap matches perfectly. If I wrap them to match, then you loose that nice contrast.

Found this which I quite like:

d9db4be03cb0d6bdc4a34d0b0904a8b4.png

I love that you'll plasti dip everything but flocking is too much.

Dip comes in different finishes (matte, satin, gloss, pearl) - it can look just like paint, and I can hardly think paint is too much :shrug:

Dip however can be removed should the need arise.