Identify This Cable

Strudul

Was adjusting my shift plate and noticed this cable isn't connected to anything.

As far as I can tell everything works (inc heated seats and seat position / recline motors), and I have the GT pack with all(?) the extras except Sat Nav.

Is this just a generic loom with spares for other stuff or am I missing something?

Is it used for automatics only and / or the snow mode switch (blank one that I'm missing)?

WfwUnxO.jpg

pLed0MB.jpg

Tb3SpjE.jpg

6np8o7f.jpg

Edited by Strudul

Though the cable is / was clipped into the plastic above it and is facing sidewards (kinda how it is now), which would imply something towards the front and passenger side of the car rather than the rear / left.

Edited by Strudul

They look like the seat vlips for the motor - but you would have noticed that ??? :headhurt:

They don't belong there though not seen that type of clip in that location on another one before.

• Like 1

They look like the seat vlips for the motor - but you would have noticed that ??? :headhurt:

They don't belong there though not seen that type of clip in that location on another one before.

Are you saying none of those cables belong there or just the one that isn't connected? The little grey clips on top clip into the plastic holes above for all of them, so they seem to have been designed to be there... (first picture shows the holes quite well)

There doesn't seem to be much give in them either, whether this is because they are trapped or just don't have any slack to pull on I don't know.

Suppose I should dismantle things and do some investigating, but it looks like a lot of effort and I'm assuming it will need the entire centre tunnel removing. :(

Edited by Strudul

Your wiring loom must have been moved around as the one with the gray clip that is disconnected and the the other with the grey clip should not be there, my guess is that the loom has been moved around at some point and just put back in a bit out of line, strip the cover off and have a look see whats what.

Ref other comment above, yes you do get wires from the standard looms that are just left un-connected if that car does not have the relevant feature :)

• Like 1