I may have a problem....

Digsy

I know Watson that owns that. He was in my Sisters year at school. If tou want me to have a good look at it Digsy give me a shout.

I know it's meticulously maintained. I don't know much about supercharged BMs but I will tell you if it's as tidy as it was!

I know Watson that owns that. He was in my Sisters year at school. If tou want me to have a good look at it Digsy give me a shout.

I know it's meticulously maintained. I don't know much about supercharged BMs but I will tell you if it's as tidy as it was!

I'd really appreciate it if you could, Stew. Rob's a good lad but he's only 22 and gets over-excited about these things.

It looks a nice one but like you I don't know anything about supercharging BMs.

I still would not trust that speed in a roadster, just my opinion.

I tst drove the Z4M coupe the other week and i have to say i loved it, he is right about the power delivery but that didnt bother me.

Im going to try out a standard Z4 coupe sport in the next few weeks as this could be a contender as the next car, rather than going back to a 350z :blush:

IMO better off with Z4M coupe or roadster or even a Z4 alpina, though that does have a tuned engine from the old E36 rather than E46 engine.

The ESS superchargers are one of the best you can buy for a BMW but I would make sure gearbox is manual & not auto as auto cannot use that much power well.

• 2 months later...

Just to update, he didn't go with the supercharged one in the end but has just landed himself an 04 Alpina Roadster S with Lux pack.

Now, I've never liked the look of the Alpina in the pics but this thing looked the dogs in the sunshine on Sunday. Interior was fantastic with all the extra leather, although the Alpina plaque with the build number etc on looks like it came from the local trophy engraving shop! :wacko:

Engine and exhaust sound fantastic - really deep and throbby - a million miles away from the metallic raspy M cars.

Problem is power and torque are pretty similar to my Zed but it weighs over 200kg less. I'm screwed! :headhurt: