Gaming dilemma?

Paddy78

anything over 8gb ram is overkill in a desktop pc unless your rendering/editing huge video files etc.

is your monitor 2.5k/4k ?

could have easily got a gtx 1060 6gb if only using 1080HD and saved yourself about £140, my cpu is a i5 4570, bought back in 2013, no plans to change it at all, cant see the point for only a few more percent in performance.

mainly play FPS so mouse and keyboard are the only way to play them :stir:

also got the GRID and Dirt series, played with a xbox 360 controller :)

post-9-0-26506300-1492750117_thumb.jpg

Edited by neo

A 980 is broadly similar to a 1060, and having gone from that to a 1080 I think there's a world of difference when rendering at the higher gfx levels, even at 1080p. Plus the ability to run at 60fps at those higher levels, which is arguably more important.

It's just nice being able to boot a game up and set everything to Ultra as default :D

I was quite disappointed with this Hitman, as you have to rush through it to get some of the kills due to how the NPCs move around. I like planning my kills and taking my time, so didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. :(

I was quite disappointed with this Hitman, as you have to rush through it to get some of the kills due to how the NPCs move around. I like planning my kills and taking my time, so didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. :(

That's a shame as that's pretty much how I like it too. Maybe I'll send my card back and play Blood Money instead! :lol:

I have a list of games that i should have played, Andromeda being one of them. GTA5 has been on my machine for ages and I never really get bored of driving around. I also need to look at getting BF1 and that cool Star Wars FPS that I missed out on as well... EA take all my money! :)

I have a list of games that i should have played, Andromeda being one of them. GTA5 has been on my machine for ages and I never really get bored of driving around. I also need to look at getting BF1 and that cool Star Wars FPS that I missed out on as well... EA take all my money! :)

BF1 is superb imo and you should definitely give that a go. B)

Not sure the Star Wars game was all that good from what I heard but it's cheap enough now to take a punt on it especially if you're a Star Wars fan.

A 980 is broadly similar to a 1060, and having gone from that to a 1080 I think there's a world of difference when rendering at the higher gfx levels, even at 1080p. Plus the ability to run at 60fps at those higher levels, which is arguably more important.

It's just nice being able to boot a game up and set everything to Ultra as default :D

http://gpu.userbench...-6GB/3603vs3639

gtx 1060 still hits 60fps and above, granted in some games just over and 1 a little under but hey your card cost twice as much :D

anyway i didn't think frame rate, resolution or fancy graphics mattered to you much, that's why u got a Xbox one :p

sorry OP getting slightly OT, you will enjoy your rig i'm sure for many years to come :yahoo:

Edited by neo