Help: Looking for a 350z (What is the best model?)

Louis

I admit the gaskets is a downside to them but once they have been done I haven't heard of any other engine related fault. They don't burn any oil, they can cope with more power than a de.

I'm not saying the de is a bad engine its just not as good as the HR variant.

Performance wise, recently at snetterton 300 my uprev'd HR was bang on match for my friends e46 m3 manual on the straight which a revup de is not capable of without quite a few mods.

The whole argument about de's having more torque as well is not completely true as the Hr actually makes more torque throughout a wider band of the rev range rather than just peak figures. 😃😃

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hr is the one to get if you can find one. Stronger, sharper and revs more freely than the de. Basically closer to a 370z engine than they are a de. Also buying a slightly higher mileage car that has got the correct service history over a low mileage one that has done slow short runs all its life with minimal servicing would be the way to go.

Sorry yet again I have to disagree with the word "stronger". :)

As what was essentially a test bed for the 370 engine they are full of faults and design flaws. Once these have been rectified however they are the better car. Engine feels smoother for sure, it's just a shame the weight increased with the HR lump and all those "improvements ;) "are negated to give as near as damn it the same performance as a Revup.

I actually meant to put stronger engine on this one not the car 😀

• Like 1

If you get one before 07 the tax is almost half as much too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 23 '06 is the cut off date

ETA

sent from my office using a pidgeon

Edited by ATTAK Z

I admit the gaskets is a downside to them but once they have been done I haven't heard of any other engine related fault. They don't burn any oil, they can cope with more power than a de.

I'm not saying the de is a bad engine its just not as good as the HR variant.

Performance wise, recently at snetterton 300 my uprev'd HR was bang on match for my friends e46 m3 manual on the straight which a revup de is not capable of without quite a few mods.

The whole argument about de's having more torque as well is not completely true as the Hr actually makes more torque throughout a wider band of the rev range rather than just peak figures. 😃😃

Ironically my last car was an M3 :) E46 manual . It's what I traded in for the Z I couldn't stand the thing.

Edited by Zeezeebaba