Decision made - it's a 5Zigen

Toon Chris

A spur of the moment (ish) trip to ESR to see what Phil had in stock and I drove out with this!

I had been planning for a plain tip but the Titanium one looked great.

Oh yes, and the sound is truly sumptuous, I can't wait for it to bed in fully :)

Now you don't have to listen to me whining about which exhaust to get any more :lol:

Hmm... now which clutch should I get... ;)

I physically looked at both but didn't listen to either in the flesh. I`ve heard Nismo's on the web and although they sound good, they are a tiny bit too quiet for me.

I've heard a few people say the nismo's are a little quiet, you might've sold me with that one ;)

Tis a lovely sound tis it not, good choice mate and welcome to the 5zigen club, if things keep going the way they are, there will be more 5zigens than Nismos!!

Did you do y-pipe?

+1 - when you fired yours up at the Reading meet, it sure turned some heads :thumbs:

I'm quickly prefering this over the Nismo, but think I'd still go for Nismo for resale value and a slightly more subtle sound on mine.

I didn't do Y pipe. I assume you get more noise with that and I didn't want to go mad for starters. I may consider a Y later but to be honest the exhaust is only there for sound and what it looks like and a Y isn't going to improve the car for me.

As far as resale goes - at some distant future point - I will keep the old exhaust and strap that back on at resale point, and then sell the 5Zigen separately :) But hey, I`ve only had it a day so stop mentioning selling :lol: