Washer bottle removal?

scobie140

I can't find any pics of a zed with the intercooler fitted that has the two washer bottles. I've just fitted my pipework last night but it just doesn't seem right.

20170327_150637_zpsz0qthxht.jpg

Don't get me wrong it all fits but i'm concerned its going to stick out a bit.

Has any of you boosted guys got the two bottles and can shed any light on this?

When mine was fitted I did have the headlight washer bottle completely removed but in hindsight we realised you can either use a smaller bottle as Alex suggest or re-route the pipe work so it pulls the washer fluid from the same bottle as your windscreen washer fluid. ;)

Bummer! Is there a specific bottle to replace it with or just a generic universal one?

Might have a look and see if looks easy enough just to re route the pipes.

Knew things were going to smoothly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bummer! Is there a specific bottle to replace it with or just a generic universal one?

Hopefully Alex will come back with some more info on that for you. I did find these 1.2L and 1.8L bottles from Torqen when I searched.

Link: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/body-styling/exterior/2804-windshield-washer-bottle-replacement-kit-1040010402.html

The windscreen washer bottle is big enough though to supply both windscreen & headlight washers. I think it might have been Sam Mcgoo who told me about re-routing the pipes to the one bottle after I was complaining that I didn't have a headlight washer bottle anymore after supercharging.

After all both pumps are already on the one bottle anyway. ;)

Hopefully Alex will come back with some more info on that for you. I did find these 1.2L and 1.8L bottles from Torqen when I searched.

Link: https://www.torqen.u...1040010402.html

The windscreen washer bottle is big enough though to supply both windscreen & headlight washers. I think it might have been Sam Mcgoo who told me about re-routing the pipes to the one bottle after I was complaining that I didn't have a headlight washer bottle anymore after supercharging.

After all both pumps are already on the one bottle anyway. ;)

Yeh hope he can chip in with an easy fix as i'm just after what ever is going to be the easiest solution.

Cheers I've not had a chance to look I've been trying to make the most of the last bit of dry weather, I'll have a look see if there are any more that are plug and play as I've no idea what the fittings are called that are on the washer system.

I had a quick look at the piping set up but didn't want to waste too much time since I've still got loads left to get on with so couldn't figure out how to run off the one bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66319-inevitable-going-the-fi-way-now-done-update-13052013/page__st__280#entry1044113

Look here I believe the 8th picture down in part 1 is what you're after. Simply loop one side in to the other where the two pipes would normally shoot off to the opposite side of the car to the other bottle.

Edited by Elliot350