tarmac sportz g35 style spats

m4nn13

I have a 2008 Silver HR so I hope these will fit!

If anyone knows of a set already sprayed silver i'd be interested, not sure if the gloss black would look ok unpainted! I can see Tarmac Sports still stock them for £85 but thought i'd ask around in case anyone has some going.

Thanks mate,is that so they sit nice and flush? Also did you attach them with tape?

I believe so. I don't personally have them, just looked into getting them. Those are Bob's, might be worth PMing him for some more details. I think 3M tape or PU adhesive / sealant (Tiger Seal / SikaFlex) are the usual way people mount them.

• Like 1

Delivered this morning, fantastic service!

Get some pics up of paint / install. Been tempted to pick some of these up for a while. They look much better then the 350Z ones.

Will do mate - im gonna try and swing buy the bodyshop for a price on spraying / fitting tomorrow afternoon so depending on the price i'll be doing it this month or mid april after next payday ;-)
  • Like 1

Just a quick update, the spats arrived in pleNty if time (awesome service team tarmac)! I popped them down to a small body repair shop who said he wasn't to sure with the fitment, they were quite a bit out and needed a bit more work doing than originally thought. Popped over to a pro bodyshop down the road in the hope they may be able to do it with all their fancy gear and he just said the same thing, he wouldn't want me spending a fortune on having them fitted and possibly not working correctly, so deflated i returned home and sulked like a baby for an hour or two! Quick email to tarmac later and they have some alternatives they are going to send to try instead (more flexible poly rather than fibreglass) so will wait for these to arrive then pop back to the bodyshop(s) and see what they say. #fingerscrossed

Isn't it just a case of trimming some of the edge off yourself?

Have you tried PMing Bob?

there's nothing to trim really, they just stick way out at the sides and the bodyshop(s) concern was if they pull them in with adhesive/self tappers/ tape the pressure the spat would be under would cause it to eventually break free at some point, they are very rigid and there isn't much give on them. But hopefully these new poly ones may be a bit more flexible and they can do it without too much worry. Quite glad they didn't just shove them on and take my cash to be honest, show's there are so honest guys out there who value their reputation!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - alternative "poly" spats arrived today, they are a lot more flexible and also have a fitting kit included. I'm going to pop over to the bodyshop(s) I previously visited and see what they say but this will likely be next week now as I have a busy weekend ahead!

If I can I'll try and get some pics of both versions up so you can all see the difference :thumbs:

• Like 1

Right then, after multiple trips to a couple of bodyshops local to me they have said the same thing about both the spats. While the Poly version are a much better fit and more flexible to work with they aren’t happy to fit them because they don’t trust the “self tappers and tiger seal†method recommended. Even with the reassurance of Tarmac and photo evidence from the forum showing that they will fit one bodyshop simply refused (more of an accident repair place) and the others said it would cost a fortune because they would likely have to cut the bumper & respray the whole thing.

After speaking with Tarmac they recon it sounds like either they don’t want the work / can’t be bothered with a small job like this or haven’t got experience with aftermarket parts. So to save any more scratches to my previously perfect bumper and pointless trips around looking for somewhere I’ve returned them to Tarmac and will put this idea on hold until I’ve spoken / seen some in the flesh at a show or meet and see what the owners recommend / exactly how they are fitted.

Have to say the product looks very good quality to me and the Tarmac service / response has been excellent so will certainly be using them again, unfortunately this specific mod will have to wait, for now! :headhurt:

Truely amazes me that they can't or don't want to do the job.... I ve had no issues fitting these on my current Zed or for that matter my present Zed... I am sure other members can vouch the same..as with any non gen kit you need to fetel to make fit... remember these are for a g35 and not a Zed after all

• Like 1

Cheers for the opinions guys, I think they will fit, I guess the bodyshop just aren't what they say they are! I did contemplate drilling it myself and using a pritstick but as I just spend my life savings on buying the car really can't afford for it to go wrong! It's defo something I want to do, but i'll leave it for now and revisit it at some point. Plenty of other things to do to the car in its place!