ICE advice .......

docwra

Ive just bought myself a new car that doesnt have Bluetooth, I was originally going to get a Parrot type of thing and use it for handsfree, playing music and DAB radio through my phone - before anyone suggests it I cant replace the head unit for various reasons, mainly that it doesnt have oneicon_rolleyes.gif

But then I got to thinking maybe theres a better approach that doesnt rely so much on the phone - maybe a unit that has a DAB tuner built in, can take SD cards for music and integrates into the car stereo too, perhaps a nav system as well - the one in the car is a bit dated,

A bit of searching turned up this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-Countries-ProActive-Lifetime-Updates/dp/B00A4BQAYU which seems to do everything other than DAB and appears to integrate into the car stereo, but would a 3G tablet install have the same or more functionality for less money?

Last time I messed with ICE was a while ago, any input would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

Edited by docwra

Should probably put this to bed, after massive research (well, 10 minutes) last night it seems the only answer is to use a Dension box that plugs into the multichanger cable, I cant change the head unit as it also does climate, suspension etc.

In theory I should be able to BT anything I like into the box so might get one of the Revo satnavs above anyway just for lols :lol:

Where theres a will theres a way .........

• Like 1