18" Rota GTR 9.5j front fitment issue et30 - help needed

jamiebridge

Hello,

I am having fitment issues with my 9.5j rota gtr's on the front, its hitting the calliper. The threads do come through, but the wheel wont even sit on the hub.

The obvious fix is to go for some hubcentric spacers, i'm wondering what i can get away with, does anyone have any advice from experience.

I wanted to go for 15mm spacers if i could get away with it, as if i go 20mm i will need to also buy 5mm to go on the back to even it all up (backs are et12 gtr-d's)

Should i just play it safe and get the 20mm or will i be ok with 15mm?

Thanks

Important part is what are the front offsets, did you buy them new?

Sorry just seen the title, how much do you need to clear the caliper, 15 or 20? Personally 5mm is so small i dont think you would even notice it on the rear!

Edited by Jetpilot

Important part is what are the front offsets, did you buy them new?

Sorry just seen the title, how much do you need to clear the calliper, 15 or 20? Personally 5mm is so small i don't think you would even notice it on the rear!

No idea on what i need to clear, thats why its a bit of a gamble, the guy who fit the tyres just said the wheel wouldn't go on. I asked by how much and he said the threads were coming through, but the wheel wouldn't sit on the hub.

Thats what i'm thinking, maybe i will just go for 20mm and just leave the backs.

what size hub ring is fitted? what kind of car did they come off?

They came off the rear of my car. Im moving them to the front. Got rota gtr-d for the back.

Was the bolt removed from the front hub?

Theres a bolt on there to stop people accidentally fitting the rears to the front. Easily removed with a 10mm spanner, though.

• Like 1

Ok so got them on with 20mm spacers, but it's sitting too wide for me, with the concave on the gtr's its just accentuating it. (Will get pics as soon as poss.)

Im now stuck whether to go 10mm or 15mm. I think 10mm may look better, but not sure on the chances of it hitting the brakes.

Cheers.

You definitely should share some pics, as something seems to be odd here.

Plenty of us have Rota GTRs (and GTR-ds) and Brembos - my summer fronts are stock offset 30et at 18" except 8.5" - I would have thought yours should not have any effect on fitment over caliper at 9.5" (I can't believe the spoke curvature design is that different between 8.5 and 9.5" - could be wrong though).

There is tons of room between caliper and wheel spokes on mine.

You don't have a BBK on there without realising it do you?

Have you PM'd any helpful wheel vendors like Tarmac or Rare Rims for input?

:shrug:

You definitely should share some pics, as something seems to be odd here.

Plenty of us have Rota GTRs (and GTR-ds) and Brembos - my summer fronts are stock offset 30et at 18" except 8.5" - I would have thought yours should not have any effect on fitment over caliper at 9.5" (I can't believe the spoke curvature design is that different between 8.5 and 9.5" - could be wrong though).

There is tons of room between caliper and wheel spokes on mine.

You don't have a BBK on there without realising it do you?

Have you PM'd any helpful wheel vendors like Tarmac or Rare Rims for input?

:shrug:

The curvature is a lot different, i had an 8.5j on the front prior to this wheel swap, its all good, its on now, its just 20mm is looking too wide. I will get pics as soon as i can.

Now i know this is very slapdash. But I can actually run end of my index finger clearly between the brake caliper and widest part of the rim and the end of my finger measures at 15mm.

So that means minus the 10mm (if i was to downsize to 10mm spacers) i should be at least 5mm clear of the caliper.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Now i know this is very slapdash. But I can actually run end of my index finger clearly between the brake caliper and widest part of the rim and the end of my finger measures at 15mm.

So that means minus the 10mm (if i was to downsize to 10mm spacers) i should be at least 5mm clear of the caliper.

Whats peoples thoughts?

honestly!!!

nip down to b&q buy a cheap tape measure and measure it properly rather than guesstimating. will save you a fortune in spacers :teeth:

IMG_5118.jpg

Plenty of clearance with the 10mm's really happy with it, was a pain as i had to replace all the wheel studs because 10mm eibachs use system 6, but was well worth it. Drives much better too. Thanks for everyones help.

I think i might drop it 25mm as well. its currently on Teins so 17mm front and 14mm back.

Edited by jamiebridge
  • Like 1