Something that will whoop the GTR

steve_b

Not sure where the engine has come from but did do a days training with Andy Walsh and the other car was the RST-V8 which was two bike engines bolted together. Only had 380 BHP and was awsesome in the right hands. It has to have extra extensions on the SV model just to make it wide enough to ensure it could take tyres that could handle the power.

This baby with 500BHP is just something else. The normal frame was a considered a bit iffy with over 300bHP and was rumoured to be getting twisted with the torque.

That is just bonkers!

I have to say the power thing is a bit too "top trumps" for me, I dont think the Caterham needs that much power. Its an abolute hoot in standard form and one of the easiest cars to drive sideways with the weight out front whilst you are sat just fore of the rear axle.

I guarantee that most of the people that could afford to buy one would never be able to exploit its potential, I know I couldnt, but then I cant afford one! :lol:

Each to their own I guess

This is the one I saw a couple of years ago

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/en/gallery/en ... ers_10.php

Looks like they have cleaned it up, Caterham have signed up to the program and now increased the price from £40k+ for non supercharged one to 115k for a supercharge one. Big hike in price as 380BHP engine and gearbox was likely to be a 15-20k two years ago.

According to Top Gear the Caterham and the Atom have the same engine. Goes on to say "Price? Ariel is aiming to keep the Atom 500 'below six figures' but admits that won't be easy when even the car's sequential paddle-shift gearbox costs £15,000 on its own."