Attaching photos to adverts

Help. Am I the only one who cannot attach photos to adverts?

I am using photobucket as per the instructions. When I get to the polaroid icon it brings up the dialoge box , allows me to paste the image link but then it freezes the page

Tried attaching images direct but the lowest quality images get a file to big!

Lots to sell but cannot progress

On photobucket you want to copy the middle link from your library view, that starts with the letters 'URL' in square brackets, paste it into a post and you should be golden.

If for some reason that isn't working, reduce the link to just the web address of the image, i.e. make it start with http and finish with .jpg, removing all other prefix and suffix stuff, take just that part, and put the tags IMG and /IMG in SQUARE brackets at the beginning and end of the link respectively, and again you should be good.

[img=http://www.websitename.com/imagename.jpg]

Edited by Aashenfox

Why does everyone insist on copying the links....

As long as you aren't on mobile, just right click the image itself, click "copy image", then paste it here (ctrl + v).

You young whipper snappers and your new fangled techniques! :lol: I do it that way cos I've been using forums since they were just bulletin boards and this code (image tags) has been supported since then (at least 25 years!!). It;s a 100% reliable way on every bbcode using forum. But you're right, for this forum, that's an even easier way. Wouldn't work on some other forums I use though. Good to have all the techniques out there though!

• Like 1

If you are seeing this option with your photobucket pic:

post-7573-0-10917400-1487697008_thumb.png

Then just click on the "Direct" option and paste that as the URL found in the little green box that hovering over it says "image" and hey presto:

P1040628_zpspwmjeceo.jpg

Edited by Ebized

The F Type is a car that makes me tingle since the first time I saw it. I must have one. I may even stop there and not bother with the Lamborghini. It would be especially fitting for me as a Brit over here. Have recently been thinking how hard I'd be prepared to work for it. Gonna have to time it right to get one for the right price but before I'm old enough to look ridiculous in it. I think with some subtle mods it can be right up there with the most beautiful cars of all time.

2016-jaguar-f-type-v-6-s-coupe-inline1-photo-662559-s-original.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

I can never make my mind up with it.

When it first came out I thought it was ugly. The front looks... wrong and the back was too stretched and weird. It's grown on me, but it doesn't even come close to being as beautiful a the Xk(r(-s)).

Edited by Strudul

It's near perfection for me. I do love the XKs but they are just a tad frowny, I can't deal with that, my car has to look happy, or at least angry! Not sad though. :lol: They are beautiful, and aggressive looking in a good way, I'm not saying it ruins them, but that one detail prevents me from raising them higher than 'a very nice looking car'. The F Type is very cat like in its appearance, it's all so deliberate, very Jaguar. Kudos to them, and please, don't ask me to take off these rose tinted spectacles. :D