Finally - A plan of attack for Kuro!

RobPhoboS

Got a nice combination for my Kuro black which needs tidying up soon. I tried a few things in the past about 2 years ago but 2 tweaks made the difference.

I had tried Megs 105 & 205 and they did ok but not that great, I can't remember what pads I used right now though.

However the difference now is Rupes and the yellow Rupes pad.

Before:

32132694634_d90e30e377_c.jpg

After:

32595475330_5e741e9843_c.jpg

There are some deep scratches that'll need sorting but I'm sure I can get it looking nicer, then use Polished Angel cosmic 2 (iirc) on top.

What brand polishing machine are you using? My black 350z is more scratched than your first photo and it's making my wrists tired trying to polish it manually.

That was with a Rupes Bigfoot (will find out what model tomorrow).

Oh that's not the worst of it, trust me !

That cobwebbing is all over but there are plenty of other nasty parts too, we just wanted to experiment to find a combination for when I do this.

I'm still trying to work out what ceramic coating to go for, possibly Crystal Serum if it'll work on such soft paint.

BTW - don't just polish it and sling wax on it, try and ceramic coat it or put PPF on typical panels.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Crystal Serum will work in terms of sealing the paint but if you're going for swirls/stone chip protection it won't be as effective as it would be on hard paint.

That said, stone chip protection from a coating is hugely unlikely on any paint. If you want that then there are some very good PPF available these days, but these only tend to be as good as the installer.

Cheers for the input :)

I'm doing the correction at my very good mates detailing company, and he has an amazing chap that PPF's all the superdooper cars. So in that sense, I have total faith in that guy as I've seen him working plenty of times.

Obviously there's a difference between £60ish for some ceramic coating to help protect a bit, compared to probably £1k or so on PPF (I just pulled the figure out of my butt as I've no idea how much it would be).

• Like 1