Passenger door will not open from the outside.

DaveMca

The issue first started on a frosty morning last week where the passenger door refused to open from the outside, I initially put it down to the cold weather. Later in the day I still had the same issue so i played around with handle and latch very briefly along with locking and unlocking using the remote and finally the door opened from the outside. A few days later the same issue happened again i haven't been able to resolve it in the same manor I had done before.

I have been doing some research and although i have found many similar problems to mine i have not found one where it has not been resolved with playing around with the settings on the key fob (i have tried this also). I have also come across people with issues such as the door wont open from the inside or the outside and this was down to a failed locking mechanism.

Today I removed the door handle to have a look and other than some corrosion everything seemed to operate as it should. On my next day off i plan to remove the door card etc for a closer inspection.

Does anyone have any previous experience with the same issue? It would be good for a heads up if i need replacement parts before I open up the door card.

Thanks in advance

Dave

See this vid:

But see your handbook as not all the features are available on UK cars, but I'm certain what you are looking for is available.

Thanks for that, I have seen the video before but does not help me in this case.

However I haven't checked my handbook so will give that a look. I don't think it has anything to do with they intelligent key system though as it's random and sorted itself out before without playing with the key.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine won't open from the outside either, I think I need to have a go at lubricating the mechanism, it doesn't seem to disengage fully at the moment, don't think its fob related, more a mechanism issue.

That's the route I'm going to go down but I think the door card needs to come off to do it properly

Are you absolutely sure it is not the remote key setting, noting you are both saying it will not open from the outside, buyt presumably is opening OK from the inside? It is quite easy to accidentally alter the programme - I recall having done this myself.

See page 3-10 in the handbook here dealing with the unlocking and the fact the setting can made to stop the passenger door opening when the button on the driver door handle or the rremote is used?

http://www.vadenniss...Nissan-370Z.pdf

Mine won't open from the outside either, I think I need to have a go at lubricating the mechanism, it doesn't seem to disengage fully at the moment, don't think its fob related, more a mechanism issue.

That's the route I'm going to go down but I think the door card needs to come off to do it properly

You won't need to remove the door card to remove the handles, pretty simple task. I bought a spare pair of handles to spray them black, then changed them out with the originals.

However, if you want to take them down to their base components then that's different story!

b2b4a7aa6ea88ba3335a9271f106b557.jpg

So that's how far iv gotten, I don't know how to remove the inner panel. It's obviously connected to the window in some way. Really struggling to find any info on this issue or how to get the inner panel off.

So update, I managed to remove the inner door section by drilling out two rivets holding it on. This allowed me to get to the door actuator which was a waste of time as it's a sealed unit.

I called Nissan to price up a new one which is £285 😡 I'm not even convinced this is the problem. So I'll be putting the door back together so I can still use the car then try and source a cheaper one.

On another note the actuator was stamped with Renault which I believe to be 97% of the problem.

Job done!

I sourced a replacement door lock actuator and swapped it out. Problem solved.

I compared the two when I had them out and by pulling the cables for the handles there was a noticeable difference in both sound and feel.

I will try and take the old one apart and will update if there is way of repairing it instead of replacing it.

It was the first time iv had to work on the z in my new garage so happy it was a success 😄

0e79a9860fc778bc3768e512bf0fe0d4.jpg