TDI North Uprev

Nutter

Hi All,

Has anyone used TDI North recently for an Uprev remap? I'm of old as far as TDI North are concerned and i've heard many things throughout the years good and very bad about them.

I'm about to order my plenum spacer and decats ready for the Uprev and plumb in my Nitrous Oxide to make use of the time on the rollers.

So firstly have you used them and the experience you've had? Secondly have you had more work than just a remap with them?

Also no point in pointing me to facebook material by them, i just want honest feedback from people who've had work completed by them. I know their licensed to do it by Abbey but they are too far south.

Last thing i want is to be a week before round 1 Drift Cup and the car breaks on the rollers due to negligence.

Thanks

Tom

Any idea on how long it took please?

Looking to get a 4 wheel alignment as well so may see if they can do both the same day.

Sorry can't help with the time frame. I dropped it off first thing in the morning and went off to the shops and came back just before closing time.

Any idea on how long it took please?

Looking to get a 4 wheel alignment as well so may see if they can do both the same day.

If they are ready for the car when you arrive I can't see it being more than 2 hours and the. For the alignment I'd say another hour maybe.

Good to make sure everything is moving freely for the alignment. The longer it takes them to free up rusted bolts etc the longer and more expensive it becomes.

Thanks gents. I thought about half a day would be needed considering the extra time probably required for the nitrous to be dialled into the remap with retarding timings etc.

@ZeppoJeff - Everything has been copper greased before the gear was installed and only been on a few months so it should be ok hopefully..... famous last words.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't go near nitrous when I enquired, nice bloke who did my uprev, although I had to go elsewhere to get it done again as they did it on the road, they couldn't get my car on the dyno as it had a nismo v2 bumper which sits about an inch lower than standard ride height, would highly recommend Gregg at protuner he did my nitrous install and redid the uprev

Paul west is the mapper and they're considered the pioneers when it comes to Type R tuning, I've mapped my EP3 there and my supercharger FN2, even though they're 5 hours away. They must surely do ECUtek too? I've seen the traction control on the type Rs with ECUtek and it's fantastic. The only reason I'll be going with Horsham or abbey is because they're so much closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk