Worrying Rolling road figures!!

Zjay89

Hi guys, I went on a rolling road day today and my car made poor power figures!

Flywheel @245 bhp

Wheels @209 bhp

Are these normal? Or should I be looking to get her checked out? The car is a 2004 car with 125K on the clock and lightly moded with just a K1 cat back and a plenum spacer, I have included the Map graph below. df0eee6f8b31c0f3a08b14ad7d3107a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyno results can also vary massively depending on the dyno (make, when was it calibrated last etc), weather conditions (ambient temps etc) and from car to car.

Also if you haven't had the car remapped (UpRev) then the mods you have will make little difference. ;)

You'd need to get it on a dyno with other 350z to know how their cars compare. It could just be the way that particular dyno is configured and all 350z could run low numbers for all we know. Pay one of the RevUp remappers a visit and see how your car compares on their rolling road before you start to worry.

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 1

Mods can be detrimental when not tuned to run with them.

Its CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer.

Thats a T800 though and not a VQ35DE

Get it mapped so its not trying and failing to make sense of what youve done to it.

• Like 1

Wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

All rolling roads use clever calculations and guesswork to get to the figure you see there, so really the only thing they're particularly useful for is before/after comparisons when you've done various things to the car. Outside of that, they're an interesting curiosity. Put it this way, if you really are that far down on power, you'd have plenty of other symptoms to be noticing!

All rolling roads use clever calculations and guesswork to get to the figure you see there, so really the only thing they're particularly useful for is before/after comparisons when you've done various things to the car. Outside of that, they're an interesting curiosity. Put it this way, if you really are that far down on power, you'd have plenty of other symptoms to be noticing!

This. It's a comparison tool.

This. It's a comparison tool.

Dynos are are a tuning tool.