Sandwiches!

Stew

I'm so far off topic it's a joke BUT

I am wondering what are the best sandwiches ever?

I am an office bod now so I've been taking my own lunch (had enough of tescos made up ones) and although I love sandwiches they can get a little boring.

I'm looking for new ideas! Ones that will keep till lunch please ie not soggy!

There isn't much I don't like so fire away with weird and wonderful concoctions! :thumbs:

Is this the most bizarre topic ever????? :blush:

Can I offer an alternative? I'm all sandwiched out!

Recently going for healthier option for once in my life....

Sliced lettuce, chopped sweet red peppers, slices of Brie (Asda cheapo range is best!) Grapes, cherry Toms, Red pepper Houmous a good sized dollup, light sprinkle of Balsalmic Salad dressing on the veg.

Thats it - make it the night before keeps fresh in the fridge and by the time you have it the next day the cheese has reached the correct temperature and its luuurvly ;) - fills you up so stops you snacking on crap in the day?

Working so far - just mess about with the ingredients and add or take stuff away - treat your self to a bacon and egg butty once a week to remind you of the lard aspect!

Just experiment - so if you want to add a Beer side order go for it! :lol:

This is part of my cost saving plan to afford the luxury lifestyle that a Zed demands! :blush:

Sliced lettuce, chopped sweet red peppers, slices of Brie (Asda cheapo range is best!) Grapes, cherry Toms, Red pepper Houmous a good sized dollup, light sprinkle of Balsalmic Salad dressing on the veg.

Thats it - make it the night before keeps fresh in the fridge and by the time you have it the next day the cheese has reached the correct temperature and its luuurvly ;) - fills you up so stops you snacking on crap in the day?

Working so far - just mess about with the ingredients and add or take stuff away - treat your self to a bacon and egg butty once a week to remind you of the lard aspect!

This is part of my cost saving plan to afford the luxury lifestyle that a Zed demands! :blush:

Sounds like a lot of effort.

Open internet.

Find local Chinese takeaway.

Pick up phone.

Place order.

Sorted.

Good stuff Stan. I'm going healthier at the mo. This will defo be tried out. I still need more ideas though for lunch!

wow so your all seadogs then? :)

So it was that kind of management meeting then Martin? Hmm interesting....

Do you have your Zed onboard and a Gal in every port ideal for on-tap sandwich provision?

Going back to Butties ......

Ciabbata - cut in half lengthwise - lightly butter - slices of Mozarrella or similar melting cheese - cover with a few Sundried tomatoes, black olives, Chroizo slices and whack under the grill or in oven for a few mins till cheese starts to melt - fab stuff! :thumbs:

They taste nice when cold also- so you can make them night before but best when eaten fresh on the day and warm.

Adjust with with other ingredients such as green peppers - mushrooms ?

Experiment thats the best way?

I feel hungry now :lol:

Dont forget a glass of vino or Asahi Beer. ;)

I think a peroni with that one Stan

Indeed your right I was trying combine the Italian / Japanese doodar since we are on Zed forum! :lol:

Asahi does tend to give you lots of wind though! :lol::blush:

No sea jokes from me folks I could'nt do that job - Respect! :thumbs:

OK to keep it topical;

INGREDIENTS:

2 chicken breasts

4 leaves lettuce

1/2 onion

4 tbsps mayonnaise

5 tbsp teriyaki sauce

4 hamburger buns

PREPARATION:

Flatten chicken breasts and cut them in halves. Marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce for 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Wash and tear lettuce into small pieces. Slice onion into thin rounds. Grill chicken until well-cooked. Put a piece of chicken on the bottom half of a bun and spread some mayonnaise on the chicken. Place onion slices and lettuce over the chicken. Put the other half of the bun on the top.

:teeth: