Down south..

xscotteex

All the northern ones rusted away already :lol:;)

Best ones are in the South. Mine is for sale on Pistonheads although I do have someone coming Sat who wants it... :lol:

Not on the forum? You're always telling people to buy a car on the forum as it's safer :lol:

• Like 2

Where do you live ?

edit: Leeds way. Best bits of advice I could offer is A: buy from a member here and B: be prepared to travel for the right one and look at a few, unless like me you must have the first one you go see because it's been enthusist owned and that bit special

Edited by Irn Bru

Where do you live ?

edit: Leeds way. Best bits of advice I could offer is A: buy from a member here and B: be prepared to travel for the right one and look at a few, unless like me you must have the first one you go see because it's been enthusist owned and that bit special

That's the plan buddy, I've viewed 4 so far (which were all local, within 30 miles). 3 of those have now sold (2 were not appealing and one was pretty much spot on) and the 4th is a possibility, however it's a wheeler dealer type that Im not sure I could trust

I've seen a few enthusiast owned ones that interest me, and I'm checking the for sale sub on here daily. Not in a huge rush anyway, so I am happy to be patient and wait for the right opportunity

To be honest I took a punt and put it on Pistonheads not thinking there will be any interest in Jan. Sold in day for full asking price although until he turns up with the cash Sat she remains my baby.

To be honest I took a punt and put it on Pistonheads not thinking there will be any interest in Jan. Sold in day for full asking price although until he turns up with the cash Sat she remains my baby.

Nice one mate........What's next ?

Thanks Irn Bru. Plans have completely changed. Some will see where I am coming from, some wont. I had plans to buy a 2011 GTR but have changed my mind. My Z has only ever been a summer toy and a GTR would be the same. I gave it some serious thought and the expense and running costs of a GTR on this basis just didn't feel sensible. My plan is to buy a white 2016 Nismo 370z in August and do some light modding ie Rims, Exhaust,drop. This will tick my boxes and save me about £20k. I can stay active on this great forum, arrange meets and stay fully connected with the great friends I have made here.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 8

Good call on both counts Martin. I remember sticking my Zed up for good money, got told it was too much, ask mods to lock thread when I sold it 5 days later.

I know you like to lock the 350z away for months at a time when winter comes in so like you say its a lot of cash to splash on something for 6 months a year. 370z Nismo will be a great shout. Or you could have a rather nice red Celica GT-Four for £20k instead if you like - more seats and four wheel drive to survive the winter, win win :lol:

• Like 1

Nope going to potentially keep it another year. Thinking of going aftermarket front bumper (TGM visit again for the Four) and running her until 2018 then might sell on. But then in 2019 they are legal in the US and there are buyers there with wads ready to go...do I hang on to it...

• Like 2

Thanks Irn Bru. Plans have completely changed. Some will see where I am coming from, some wont. I had plans to buy a 2011 GTR but have changed my mind. My Z has only ever been a summer toy and a GTR would be the same. I gave it some serious thought and the expense and running costs of a GTR on this basis just didn't feel sensible. My plan is to buy a white 2016 Nismo 370z in August and do some light modding ie Rims, Exhaust,drop. This will tick my boxes and save me about £20k. I can stay active on this great forum, arrange meets and stay fully connected with the great friends I have made here.

I get your thinking mate, but the 370z is an excellent compromise on the gtr, considering its a summer only car your buying, and pushing the boat out for the Nismo makes it even sweeter. Personally I think the white Nismo's are pure Pamela Anderson, as in you'd never get bored taking it for a ride out :teeth:B):wub:

• Like 1

Keep hold Col. I want to stay in the z community. Not meaning to offend any of the z convertible owners but the car to me looks awful with the hood up. Ok with it down but I couldn't live with the roof on look. Prefer the coupe. Had a new Audi A4 convertible for 3 years which was fun but I have been there. :teeth:

Edited by Payco

Nope going to potentially keep it another year. Thinking of going aftermarket front bumper (TGM visit again for the Four) and running her until 2018 then might sell on. But then in 2019 they are legal in the US and there are buyers there with wads ready to go...do I hang on to it...

They can't get the ST205 in the states? What a bummer!

You can get them if you personally import them but you cannot drive one on a public road, legally. There are a few over there but they are kept on private property, some people take a chance and drive them around in public. As soon as a car hits 25 years from production date though the emissions/regulations become defunct and the car can be taken on public roads. There has been a few Americans joining the FB pages in anticipation :wacko:

• Like 2