275/40/18 good wet tyre

Hi semmco, I've always used Michelin Pilot Super Sports and although they don't shout about being high performance "wet" tyres by any means, I've never had an issue with them at all. I use the car every day for the work commute, so it's been through its paces with different weather conditions, and they haven't let me down once. Added benefit is that they're absolutely incredible when the roads dry out as well!

Use a thinner tyre as it'll less likely aquaplane. But if you're trying to measure wet weather performance in these temperatures, it's an unfair test. Sounds like you want a winter tyre TBH.

Hold on, just let me swap my wheels over it's raining hahaha

Use a thinner tyre as it'll less likely aquaplane. But if you're trying to measure wet weather performance in these temperatures, it's an unfair test. Sounds like you want a winter tyre TBH.

Hold on, just let me swap my wheels over it's raining hahaha

Your prerogative.

Plenty of people swap to winter tyres and if you are struggling with wet weather performance, the only way to increase it is to sacrifice some dry weather performance.

hi,

the wheels they are going on are 9.5 front and 10.5 rear both in 18 so dont want to alter them really size wise. The fronts have differemt size but i suffer even when slightly damp to back end slide, and the 4 wheel alignment has ben done. thats why i put it down to rubbish tyres which i know were only £50 per corner, but were on when i purchased the car.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks late with this, I realise, but hey...

MPSS aren't that good in the wet, they're not bad, but they aren't that good either. Pirelli P Zeros are supposed to be the ultimate wet performance summer tyre. I've never used them myself (no need for a good wet weather tyre over here!)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2016-EVO-Summer-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

MPSS aren't that good in the wet, they're not bad, but they aren't that good either. Pirelli P Zeros are supposed to be the ultimate wet performance summer tyre. I've never used them myself (no need for a good wet weather tyre over here!)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2016-EVO-Summer-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

I've got P Zeros on my 'Stang, they are the most woeful tyres ever to take to the wet, damp, cold I've ever had. The kicker in that test, as in most, it's a front wheel drive car. Perfect in the dry, dangerous in the wet, cold conditions that we have now. They are only rated at 7 deg C, not to be used below that, that's from Pirelli themselves.

I agree with G Man, Pirellis are utter gash in the wet in my experience. MPSS significantly better, which is why I'm inclined to believe my own experiences over something that's been notorious for handing out winning prizes to the manufacturer of the test track they borrowed for the day.

... handing out winning prizes to the manufacturer of the test track they borrowed for the day.

I want to believe that kind of stuff isn't really happening, but hey, I bow to your (and G-Man's) experience in the matter of what the tyres are like, I've never run them. I normally respect Evo, they always seemed kinda blue collar. Oh well...

MPSS were indeed just average in the wet though, in my personal experience. Still the best road tyre I ever run, by miles, just saying :)

http://www.tyrerevie...e-Tyre-Test.htm

I've got P Zeros on my 'Stang, they are the most woeful tyres ever to take to the wet, damp, cold I've ever had. The kicker in that test, as in most, it's a front wheel drive car. Perfect in the dry, dangerous in the wet, cold conditions that we have now. They are only rated at 7 deg C, not to be used below that, that's from Pirelli themselves.

So they only like Italian summer rain then. lol. Thanks for sharing, like I say, I will have to reevaluate my respect for Evo tests then.

Edited by Aashenfox

http://www.tyrerevie...e-Tyre-Test.htm

So they only like Italian summer rain then. lol. Thanks for sharing, like I say, I will have to reevaluate my respect for Evo tests then.

My experience, in Italy in the warm rain was very good, but the ambient tempreture was 21 deg. As Pirelli themselves state, under 7deg C, don't use :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guys, anyone tried hankook evo k117 or falken 453?

i notice you put about weight of car is their an ideal tyre rating for the 350z as in tyre load?

thanks