What goes with sunset orange and mariana blue...

Aashenfox

Here's one...

I have a sunset orange zed, I'm going to wrap it in mariana blue vinyl by arlon, eventually. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon....ish.

I also have a set of brembo calipers waiting to go on and the opportunity to paint them. What colour should I paint them that will go with both colours in the case that I take my time to get the wrap done, or it doesn't last...

I can only think of silver really, but I really wanted yellow calipers with the mariana blue. Reckon sunset orange can pull off yellow calipers (behind black rays touring wheels)?

Here's the arlon color I'm talking about...you all know what sunset orange is like.

489514531_w640_h2048_arlon_mariana_blue.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

Black goes well with everything, but I think even against the orange it won't stand out enough. Calipers have to be bright or you don't see them.

Though bright green is reserved for Lambos, elsewhere it tends to look tacky. :bleh:

Edited by Strudul

Though bright green is reserved for Lambos, elsewhere it tends to look tacky. :bleh:

I'll have to partly disagree with you there as I've seen plenty of cars which weren't Lambos sporting green calipers that didn't look tacky, ...some Mercedes, Porsche, and a Nissan (R35) GTR just to name a few.

It all depends on the cars colour I'd say to how good it'll look although I'd imagine the type of car & size of caliper does have some baring on it. ;)

I'll have to partly disagree with you there as I've seen plenty of cars which weren't Lambos sporting green calipers that didn't look tacky, ...some Mercedes, Porsche, and a Nissan (R35) GTR just to name a few.

It all depends on the cars colour I'd say to how good it'll look although I'd imagine the type of car & size of caliper does have some baring on it. ;)

Merc, can't see it looking good.

Porsche, only on the track versions.

GTR, maybe, but it'll still look like tacky rice.

McLarens can get away with it for some reason too though.

Thanks guys! :) Yeh, black is a bit too dark, Green, well, not with the orange I think, but maybe with the blue. :) I'm probably not that brave.

Silver or purple I think so far. Brown might work too (think dark bronze, but who wants brownbos by choice. :lol:

Hm... I like the Grey idea. Strudul, many thanks for the pses, I was also thinking about the blue (like the blue of the s2000 spoon calipers).

I think I'm decided. Lamborghini Grigio Telesto, high gloss. Will go really nice with both colours. Black brembo logo. Or maybe white... Hm...

652a8cc7a09430408021132e679def53.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

Grigio - classy, but a tad boring and kinda get lost against the rotors.

125ab81dbe7fe752a01ce8a4ef5a1358.jpg

Blue - maybe a bit too bold

6fb0b008d6bc0ef1f821b0d50bfeb195.jpg

Purple - I like it, but I feel that you would need some other purple highlights to make it work (wheel nuts? front reflectors? door handles?)

887550a05976747ee2a11ac25a039def.jpg