Spacers

Dave6188

"Handling" for me is something very subjective. Ie some love the way a standard S2000 handles, some hate it.

Slightly wider tracker can improve feel and grip, which promotes confidence and more enjoyment. Don't read into theory as one rule doesn't cover all vehicles, with different steering and suspension set ups.

99.9% of the time when we see our cars it's stationary and spacers help the look of the Zed no end, worth it for this alone imho.

To be fair most folks fit spacers and keep them on regardless of the possibility they've made their car handle worst. Again how a car handles is down to personal preference.

Also have a look at the forum 'picture of the day' thread and tell me how many pictures you find of the interior......

I disagree about the handling being worse (personal preference). Sorry but I've noted a vast improvement in its overall stability. The adding of the 20mm spacers on a RWD car isn't as much of a handling disaster as it would be on FWD or AWD. In isolation regarding the Z adding a positive scrub radius adds more weight and feel during weight transfer in cornering, it tells me more about the road surface and load. The downside for some is the steering can communicate a little to much but I like it :)

Put it this way, would I rather drive something that talks to me than drive an Audi that has to much negative scrub as standard and feels dead.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Well it is because the driven wheels are also the steering wheels :) put even a 10 mm spacer on a FWD and it can be felt in a negative way.

I'm talking about feel not the technicality of it let's not get confused here. You are technically right of course and I agree with you and the physics of it.

However after running the Z for a couple of years without spacers I personally prefer the car with them. I will be doing away with them soon as new wheels are going on the car that compensate for the wider track but until then the spacers stay.

Fitted 20mm spacers all round about 10 yrs ago now and nothing but positives to say about them. No damage to any other

parts but the road holding has greatly improved. Would without question recommend fitting them

• Like 2