A grammar question for Hugh

Ekona

18 members have voted

1. 1. An or A before Xmas?

• An!
    • A!

True'nuff. :)

But that's about as likely as fulfilling another promise I made to myself aged 15, that I would own a Lamborghini by the time I was 40. I've got exactly 44 days left and I have to be honest, it ain't looking likely. :lol:

Sarnie (Liam), top poster on 350Z, made a similar promise to himself to own a Lambo before he was 30 ... he made it and I think he's got a McLaren now :)

Are we talking a used £70k Gallardo or a brand new Aventador?

True'nuff. :)

But that's about as likely as fulfilling another promise I made to myself aged 15, that I would own a Lamborghini by the time I was 40. I've got exactly 44 days left and I have to be honest, it ain't looking likely. :lol:

Sarnie (Liam), top poster on 350Z, made a similar promise to himself to own a Lambo before he was 30 ... he made it and I think he's got a McLaren now :)

Are we talking a used £70k Gallardo or a brand new Aventador?

I'd be more than happy with the high mileage Gallardo :)

Well done Liam, live the dream and grin like a cheshire cat on behalf of we, who can only stare into empty wallets and aspire. /sigh.

How did he make his money by the way, if you don't mind me asking and he doesn't mind you sharing? Just curious. My problem is I've been just above comfortable all my life, which has made me lazy, no motivation to go through the hard work to push on and 'make it', I'm often afraid I'm going to be that forever, although it seems somewhat ungrateful to say it like that, I have a lot to be grateful for and I know it.

Edited by Aashenfox

Just above comfortable is a good place to be.

Think about it this way, some people just got lucky, but a lot of people who have / can afford Lambos put in a lot of effort and worked 100 hours weeks to get where they are.

Would you rather live a (relatively) relaxed, comfortable lifestyle with a Z, or work yourself to death with no free time but have a Lambo?

You can work normal hours and still afford one, be lucky at work and live at home with no commitments! I tend to not look at my outgoings in terms of the house/bills/etc. per month and think about how much a year I could save living at home/being single etc. could net me - I could have a GTR on the drive next to my Lambo if I add it all up I am sure haha

You can work normal hours and still afford one, be lucky at work and live at home with no commitments! I tend to not look at my outgoings in terms of the house/bills/etc. per month and think about how much a year I could save living at home/being single etc. could net me - I could have a GTR on the drive next to my Lambo if I add it all up I am sure haha

I definitely couldn't!! I'm very comfortable for Greece, but I'm still earning half what I was earning in the UK 15 years ago! It's another world over here. If I did my job in the UK and was prepared to make a fair amount of sacrifices I could maybe just about do it. On what I earn over here, no way in the world. I'll need to do something on my own to ever have a chance of making that kind of money. Plus I'm cursed to be a terminal spender, I'd never have the money sitting around when it came to service time, etc. Nah, I'd need to be FABULOUSLY wealthy or I wouldn't bother, there are plenty of exciting cars for regular money that wouldn't need those sacrifices. :lol:

Being able to afford to buy a car and being able to afford to own it are 2 completely different things.

I bet most people could save up for a Lambo is they really tried. Though they would be screwed when it came to repairs or if they ever had an accident.

Either that or they will be sacrificing everything, living in a cardboard box and eating beans for breakfast lunch and dinner just to afford to run it.