Scottish Car Show 2017

-G-

Apparently, the organizers have seen fit to flesh out what was previously a simple one day event into a whole of weekend affair, meaning anyone on an indoor stand will have to have their car located on the Friday and won't be able to leave until the Sunday. This change hasn't been universally welcomed in the car circles I'm familiar with because to be honest, there wasn't a hell of a lot to do over one day last year to justify this.

With that in mind, I'll probably be looking to attend a few of the England-based shows next year instead. I have no idea what everyone else's opinion on the matter is, but seems a cynical money grab by the organizers.

• Like 1

Apparently, the organizers have seen fit to flesh out what was previously a simple one day event into a whole of weekend affair, meaning anyone on an indoor stand will have to have their car located on the Friday and won't be able to leave until the Sunday. This change hasn't been universally welcomed in the car circles I'm familiar with because to be honest, there wasn't a hell of a lot to do over one day last year to justify this.

With that in mind, I'll probably be looking to attend a few of the England-based shows next year instead. I have no idea what everyone else's opinion on the matter is, but seems a cynical money grab by the organizers.

I'm game for travelling next year and getting a few English shows done if I can get the car finished

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah seems like the scottish shows tend to be, excuse my language, utter pish compared to the shows down south. I'd be up for travelling down if anyone's up for getting a convoy going from Scotland.

I'll be trying to tie up a convoy down to the Coventry national event come MAY (end of May)time for the Jocks heading down for this on the friday. Maybe even arrange to meet up with some of the north east members too on route.

Edited by Irn Bru

Yeah seems like the scottish shows tend to be, excuse my language, utter pish compared to the shows down south. I'd be up for travelling down if anyone's up for getting a convoy going from Scotland.

I'll be trying to tie up a convoy down to the Coventry national event come April time for the Jocks heading down for this on the friday

Let us know the details when u do mate as I'd be up for joining yous.

I'll be trying to tie up a convoy down to the Coventry national event come April time for the Jocks heading down for this on the friday

Let us know the details when u do mate as I'd be up for joining yous.

There will be a regional events, event post started to gather names and meeting points. I'll start it at end of may when we get back from May's hoon 2017

Edited by Irn Bru
  • Like 1

Our Convoy was spotted by a random in Dundee in 2015 - good show of cars but missed the DC5. We've since added a replacement R33 GT-R, Jeff's Z33, a mk IV Supra, another S15, Sil80, 2 x 180sx's, an R34 GTT & of course my new Zed.

• Like 2

Looks like an amazing trip. Would love to join but need to check funds and time off. Would defo like to join especially since my cars exterior will be finished to show off any chance I get. Lol.

Get on it, plenty time to save and get the time booked off work, You don't need to do the full trip, you could just do the sat and Sunday or whichever days you want.