Standard boss stereo

Blocko

If divorced properly from the donor vehicle then they will be plug and play, otherwise, as what the guys above have said.

Really?! I had no idea.

You won't believe how many of these I have thrown in the bin because they are un-sellable without codes :(

or if they are good non skipping cd units ,you could have dismantled the units and removed the cd multi unit and sold them for people to swap the faulty CD unit on their own car that bit is not coded

Is it easy to do? Thanks

Its not that hard to swap out the internal CD unit from the stereo chassis its sort of a complete unit that fits in from the top and has a few screws holding it and a wiring loom .

The front panel clips off as a complete unit as well from memory with no wires or looms involved ,I have actually swapped the newer Bose stereo front panel from a later facelift unit onto the original DE non face lift Bose stereo to get around the code problem when i fitted a full later facelift console and center panel as the corners of the front panel are a different shape and contour and i prefered to keep the car standard looking.

I say not difficult but skill set of the individual might be relervent as i strip vehicles interiors and electronics daily for installations etc

• Like 1