12 years old and still sailed through its mot!

Chris.sawyer1990

Very suprised to say the least that my 12yr old zed has passed with ease. Its not done many miles in the last 2 years but never the less still suprised.

One thing the mot tester said to me though was the springs on the front have rust on them, i was shocked as these are normally painted and rust proof.

Any one else had the same thing with OEM parts?

I plan to get some new ones but i dont want to lower the car.

Any suggestions on springs which are good or bad etc would be great.

Thanks guys!

Nice one always feels good passing first time without having to spend anything extra.

Yes both my front oem springs were so rusty I couldnt believe it,the left was like halfway full of rust and could pick it away.

Nice one always feels good passing first time without having to spend anything extra.

Yes both my front oem springs were so rusty I couldnt believe it,the left was like halfway full of rust and could pick it away.

certainly suprised me i was expecting some advisories for some reason lol

Rust gets in eventually painted or not. Why not just get some oem replacement springs if you want standard height, if not new then some decent used ones. Zmanalex will probably have some kicking about.

just thought maybe aftermarket would cure the problem. But depends how much some orgionals will be. My car scrapes on some speed humps in my area as is so deffo not going lower

Thing is I know MOT testers, some of whom document absolutely everything. Even advisories including fog light angle being too high (rather than just adjust it). Whereas others are less stringent. It all depends who does it.

Japanese built cars are made to last unlike the French that make money on parts! I'm a fan of some French cars so not being biased. Mine sailed through in March and things I've changed are wear and tear. Brakes upgrade + clutch & DMF. when I got it I changed all fluids so it should be good for ages! Look after it and it will look after you!

• Like 1