front bumper reflector delete.

LDUNKZ18

Has anyone deleted their front bumper reflector holes? i'm planning flushing out the headlight washers on mine cause they bug the crap out of me and they never sit right i also feel they ruin the flow of any bumper on any car. Was looking at the car the other day and wondered if anyone had blanked out the reflectors too as they're pretty pointless really..

this would be a case of heating the bumper up from the back and pushing the plastic thats folded in towards the back of the bumper or cutting it off not 100% sure yet what best way would be to go about it. then either fiberglassing or plastic welding the holes. alot of work but i need to respray my bumper anyways and being a painter its not gonna cost me alot of £ just time.

You can spot HIDs a mile off, so there will be no question IF the tester spots them, he WILL spot them. Now, whether he wants to fail you because of this is up to him, but those are the rules as stupid as they are.

I've passed MOT with a Nismo V2 with no washers, but I count that as lucky since so many people have failed on it. Just google it and look for Lancer Evo forums.

I fear that with the reflectors deleted it'll look like somethings missing. As obvious as that may sound, I can't imagine it being more pleasing to the eye.

Most aftermarket bumpers don't have reflectors, so I think it'll look fine.

Can always knock something up in PS to check.

Sticking with the reflectors I went half way to what you want to do, just replaced but not filled in.IMAG0202_zpsy11au51j.jpg

For me the orange doesn't work with azure, does with silver or black.

Sticking with the reflectors I went half way to what you want to do, just replaced but not filled in.IMAG0202_zpsy11au51j.jpg

For me the orange doesn't work with azure, does with silver or black.

That does look good.

Not a fan of the orange reflectors on my silver Z though. Planning on wrapping / dipping them black.

Yeah well if the washers arent there the mot tester is none the wiser.

Correct.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518634/mot-inspection-manual-for-class-3-4-5-and-7-vehicles.pdf

Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however...

This comes up every now and again and you are right, no washers to test = nothing to fail.

• Like 1

As the car has a headlamp washer button inside the car it would be easy enough for the tester sitting in the car to know they are fitted but blanked off (thus not functioning). Like said above, if the guy is feeling particularly picky it would be easy enough for them to discover if washers are fitted and are 'not functioning' it really depends on your luck on the day.

Yes, MoT is all about failing tests, if there is nothing to test, you cannot fail. If the tester sits in the drivers seat knowing you have HIDs and sees the button and presses it and nothing happens (not likely but possible) then you fail.

Do the 350s have buttons to operate the washers?? Mine work only when i use the window wipers. Mine is a 04 de so maybe the hrs have a seperate button. And yeah bottle and everything will be removed so none the wiser. And as for the reflectors being smoothed and looking like something is missing i wont be just filling in the hole this will be full on fill the hole then smooth over the front bringing the filler/fiberglass flush with the rest of the bumper.. hard to explain exactly how i plan it but when i start it i will have pics uploaded. Still not sure what best way to go about it weather its mesh and fiberglass/plastic filler or plastic welding.. need to get bumper off and see what type of plastic its made with.