Wrap / Plasti Dip Advice?

Strudul

Wanting to change the colour of some stuff while I have free time over Christmas.

Thinking of DIYing the roof, front reflectors, and rims (RAYS) black.

It seems that vinyl is cheaper than Plasti Dip in the UK, and will give a nice glossy finish, but it's not quite as easy to apply for awkward shapes.

I think for the roof and reflectors it will be just as easy to wrap them and will look much better, but I've got some concerns about the rims. There's a lot of holes and curves to try fill and I'm not sure I'll be able to do a decent job.

Any tried wrapping their RAYS? Had a search and couldn't find anything. Or should I just Plasti Dip them?

As for wrapping, am I right in thinking it's best to go with Avery Supreme?

Any advice / suggestions welcome.

Cheers

There may be a few wrapping experts on her that would argue doing the roof is not easy enough! It's definitely a two man job and if you want it to last you need to post wrap heat it to temperature. Would also recommend the tape wrappers use to cut edges and not go near your roof with a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I will be dipping my car next month so have a look at my thread

there are new products from Autoflex and Autodip that look great and have a nice gloss finish

plenty of youtube clips out there

check :

http://www.autodip.com/

http://www.autoflexcoatings.com/highgloss/

the wrap will be a thing of the past compared to what's coming to the market ;)

• Like 1

Fortunately I don't spend much time stroking my car, so aesthetics, easiness, and price are the most important things :p

If you put that the other way round, price, easiness and asthetics youve described plastidip perfectly ;) If you want asthetics first, vinyl wrap is a much better choice and unless you have two left hands, a roof panel will be fairly easy with some patience.

I wouldnt do wheels though, so maybe dip will be the better option.

If you put that the other way round, price, easiness and asthetics youve described plastidip perfectly ;) If you want asthetics first, vinyl wrap is a much better choice and unless you have two left hands, a roof panel will be fairly easy with some patience.

I wouldnt do wheels though, so maybe dip will be the better option.

Vinyl seems to win on price actually (as long as you DIY, don't count time spent as a cost, and compare it to 4/5 coats of Plasti Dip :lol: )

trust me vinyl is not always as easy applying as it seems especially as you want to do the wheels...also I wouldn't recommend the cheap ebay vinyl...go for a 3m or avery vinyl as they are well known for quality

you can get a high gloss spray can soon from Autodip and you won't beat that with any vinyl wrap there is when it comes to application...

Roof - wrap

Wheels - dip.

Job - jobbed :p

Yup, sounds like the best way of doing it.

trust me vinyl is not always as easy applying as it seems especially as you want to do the wheels...also I wouldn't recommend the cheap ebay vinyl...go for a 3m or avery vinyl as they are well known for quality

you can get a high gloss spray can soon from Autodip and you won't beat that with any vinyl wrap there is when it comes to application...

Looks like that stuff is only in the US atm and almost 4x the price of Plasti Dip...

Any idea when we will get it in the UK and potential pricing?

soon I have been told as they are in talks with a UK distributor...would think about £25 a can...as a guess

do not confuse the old plasti dip with the high gloss one as you use some different products to get to the end result