Time for a change?

nowhereboy

Car should be safe to drive until the new intercooler is fitted yes imo but it just won't be able to make as much power without the bigger intercooler helping to keep the inlet temperatures down.

Not 100% sure but the standard one I'd imagine will be rated to a certain Bhp level so with the car mapped for the larger one then it won't be running to it's full potential I'd have thought.

Probably better if you start asking some of your queries here nowhereboy: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/

:teeth: Just bound to know more than us lot on here about the ST's. ;)

Thanks lads. Ive got a new intercooler on route and im going to save for the block mod shortly for piece of mind, been reading a lot about cracked liners and thats not something I fancy much. On my phone at the minute so not sure this will work but heres a quick pic of the car

https://postimg.org/image/thv0d107x/

I love it. Faster than the Z, makes all the right noises and now have all the creature comforts I could ever need, heated leather seats are the way forward! Fuel costs aside it really is the best of both worlds in terms of performance and daily driver. Ill post a proper thread on it when I get my pc set back up.

• Like 1

I totally get why you'd want to change and be honest now this is not the first time you've thought about changing is it?! :scare::lol:

Honestly don't think the Fords the way to go but that's up to you. I guess at least you'll get a free baseball cap and Burberry jacket though if you did get the Ford. ;)

I like Brillos suggestion of two cars (one for the commute & one for weekend fun) but I understand not everyone can afford to run two cars, I know I can't. Tbh for anyone to suggest cars sensibly for you then we'd need to know budget, how many seats you want, performance expectations, preferred drivetrain etc.

I hear they are good the Ford's. Practical etc it's just not talking about similar character to me. Like a member of the family with a dodgy trait but you love them anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea the ST is definitely a little council estate :lol:

I do think the facelift one look's a bit more classy and less "chav" than the older style ones.

It doesn't get the same attention on the road as the Z which is actually really nice, it's nice to just blend in with the traffic on the way to/from work without having every tom dick or harry trying to get a reaction from me.

I lost a fair bit of money on the 350Z but I can live with that, I also gained about 3 thousand pounds worth of free mod's on the ST so win some lose some I guess. I wouldn't have sold the Z on here in it's current state as I know it needed a fair bit of work in the near future and it was also making a very concerning noise from the gear box.

I'm at that stage where I just want to go out and drive for the sake of it, constantly asking the Mrs if she needs anything from the shops :lol:

• Like 1

Yea the ST is definitely a little council estate :lol:

Saw a new game then you might like for Christmas....

chav2.JPG

:lol:;)

I'm at that stage where I just want to go out and drive for the sake of it, constantly asking the Mrs if she needs anything from the shops :lol:

That's the main thing though isn't is, ...as long as you're happy bud and enjoying your new ride. :yahoo::thumbs:

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly. As most people on here know I never really got on with the 350Z, it's a solid car, sounds great, look's great and goes pretty well, I just always felt like something was missing and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I guess it just lacked excitement for me due to the weight and linear power delivery. I did consider going down the FI route but once the rust started cropping it it just didn't seem worth it.

Do you still own the RS?

I have really enjoyed the car so far, letting off the throttle and hearing all the pops, bangs and crackles is addictive haha!

Heated windscreen in the mornings is an absolute god send in this weather too. I'll get a proper thread up with pics etc when I get the chance.

Thanks for the PM, I'm booking the car in with dreamscience for the block mod/belts etc, just waiting till next month because apparently they normally put an offer on for xmas.

Do you still own the RS?

I have really enjoyed the car so far, letting off the throttle and hearing all the pops, bangs and crackles is addictive haha!

Heated windscreen in the mornings is an absolute god send in this weather too. I'll get a proper thread up with pics etc when I get the chance.

Thanks for the PM, I'm booking the car in with dreamscience for the block mod/belts etc, just waiting till next month because apparently they normally put an offer on for xmas.

yeah still have, have been thinking of getting something different but the RS has some kind of hold on me and I can't bring myself to do it ha.

You won't go wrong with dreamscience great service from the guys, they tuned my ST and it was rapid.