Any Tuners in the South West

CarlW

It's taken me a week but I've finally realised the, what I thought was, standard 350Z I picked up last weekend has a few extras:

Pop Charger

Kinetix Plenum

HFCs & Aftermarket Exhaust (no idea what make as I can't see any markings)

Can anyone recommend any tuners in the South West (I'm in Exeter, Devon) so that I can make the most of what the last owner fitted or do people recommend a trip across country to get an UpRev?

Thanks

Carl

Chuck it on a dyno and see what it gets, a quick RR session should be about £40 and always good to get a read when new to ownership of any performance car I think. In terms of closest, Horsham Developments should be no more than two hours up the A303 from you who are vastly experienced in dealing with Zeds. They could take a look at it and give you a view on what you have on your hands.

As Bri said, where did you buy it? Can only imagine it was some dealer as they might have not realised it has an expensive aftermarket plenum on it and not mentioned it.

• Like 1

I bought it from a second hand car dealer in Plymouth, it was part ex'd with a local Nissan dealer and he got it from them. I've got the service history and receipts for new timing chains in July but he didn't have much knowledge about the extras that were fitted to the car.

As you say though Horsham Developments isn't exactly a long drive away sp maybe I'll give them a ring. I don't think it's been uprev tuned as the HFCs are causing the CEL to come on and I think that would most likely have been turned off if when uprev'd? If I book it in with them they can take a look and if it needs tuning to get the best out of it they have everything there to do it.

Note only a few tuners in the UK have the official uprev licensed software designated to the 350z - some tuners will have generic maps which can be flashed, but you really need custom maps to make the most of something like a kinetix plenum.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Best tuner in plymouth is alan jeffery he did my classic impreza 2 years ago and made a huge improvement by doing very little.

Going to be taking my mew toy (350) there soom.

• Like 1