Please help!!! Malfunction indicator and bad vibe!!!

Miller350z

Hi all, well my 350 is a little poorly. I drove it out of the garage today, all as normal but then when I went down the road and put the car under load i got some bad vibrations from the rear of the car. Felt like near side rear. I thought what was that, took my foot off the throttle put it on again and bad vibration, the car wasn't accelerating and the malfunction indicator light came on solid for about a mile then went off.

The best way I can describe it is say the teeth on the drive shaft were worn, it's ok with little throttle but then when you put it under load it's like the teeth are slipping causing the vibration and lack of drive.

I do not have a clue really what it could be so hope someone can help me out.

Thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah I hope so too. I'm now thinking could it be clutch as that would explain the lose of drive but would that cause the the vibrations at the rear? ? Or I'm thinking could it be differential bushes? Hope someone who has had the same thing or just someone who knows what it could be let me know

Right for about a week now there has been a rattle from the rear. Then a vibrating noise from the rear when releasing the clutch....let's say the biting point when it's just being released. Then this has happened today and instead of a slight vibration it's now a violent vibration and doesn't go anywhere if the car is put under any kind of load. Engine revs fine whilst in neutral

Could it be that the DMF is dead then? maybe the springs have gone in it, thrust bearing (spigot bearing) would now be worn as well or maybe the clutch plate itself has shattered, I'd be inside that gearbox to have a look if those symptoms were on my car, Possibly the prop shaft UJ as mentioned above but a, that's easy to look at and b. the prop shaft would be on the floor if it had become that much worse.

if it is axle tramp then as above you need to look at the diff bushings and the rear gearbox bush.

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

None of which sound good. I've just finished work and now the malfunction indicator light is constantly on and she's running rough so that's one more problem to solve. I've parked it in the garage now so it'll stay there for the weekend. Guess I need to clear the engine fault light then go through and check for the other problems. Thanks all for the info. Hopefully have it sorted sometime next week