engine start button

wilo

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64234-starter-button-mod-fitted/page__hl__%2Bstart+%2Bbutton

Have a look here mate - looks like it can be done using a universal kit. I guess you can get more advanced ones so you don't need the key at all, but probably a more complex installation to ensure correct functionality.

cheers mate .wasnt aware there were more advanced kits so ill look into this .

also quite interested in fitting one so no key is needed but cant understand how as the steering lock would need disengaging via key turn.

Mine requires key to turn ign on to position 2 so the dash lights are present, then drop the clutch and hit the button. Lovely illumination too. :)

hey veilside , what was it like to fit ? do you have to spur into alot of ignition wires and what happens if some numpty presses it while your driving

• 4 weeks later...

You can by-pass the key being needed at all if you like the problem is then security as you have no steering lock, the 2 options -

1. put the key in and turn it to "on" and then cut the key off flush and super glue the barrel - Hey I'm just the messenger here.

2. Remove the barrel

Both the above require the little chip that does the magic with the NATS to either be stuck inside the dash or on a key ring you carry, the latter is better but unlike the 370 the 350 does not have a good range for seeing the immobilizer chip.

Also bare in mind that you will need to add some extra switches to take over what the ignition does when you turn the key otherwise you will be leaving the car permanently "ON" These can be hidden for security or if I was doing it I would have the fighter pilot weapons arm red flip up cover (but I'm sad like that) I had one of them as my NOS "arm" in the 350 why? Cause I could :lol:

I will be doing an ignition switch and push button setup in the Radical very soon but I don't have to worry about security in the same way you do with a road car.

NOTE: If you have an upRev map you can have NATS turned off - just be aware of the security/insurance implications these changes may have.

happy to help anyone wanting to try, just drop me a PM :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser