Quick Q - do decats cause eml??

ZedGreg

Currently running standard exhaust but wanting to beef the noise a bit...thinking decats (keep originals for mot time).

Worrying if they will bring the eml on straight away or is there any preventative measures you can take to prevent it??

And if eml goes on will she go into limp mode?

Not ready for a remap before that gets suggested. Many thanks for all help! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yes De-Cats will cause the EML to come on.

You can buy 02 spacers but with De-Cats that's really not (imo) going to make a blind bit of difference and the only way to stop the EML coming on is by going down the remapping (UpRev) route.

The car shouldn't go into any sort of "limp home" mode though although some people do question that the car will run lean at higher Rpm's with De-Cats fitted without getting an UpRev done. I know a few members though who have fitted De-Cats and ran their Zeds for years without getting any remapping done so that seems pretty unfounded tbh.

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Sorry to flood the thread but is there any reasonably budget decats that people recommend?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Try a "wanted" post, test pipes come up for sale fairly regularly, I got mine off a member here.

• Like 1

Got these on mine, fitment is perfect. no issues, can't see why you'd need to pay £300 more for some branded ones when they look identical lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-06-Nissan-350Z-Stainless-Steel-DE-CAT-DECAT-PIPE-/112138891574?hash=item1a1bffb136:m:mgm74bBINzadv81_5eI59WQ

Got my spacers from Chris @ Tarmac Sportz too.

Fitted spacers to mine, 4 months back. not had eml since. i'd say they work perfect.

That's good going then. :yahoo:

Heard of them not working very well in the past for a fair few people but I guess for the £12-£15 they cost they've got to be worth trying then as you've proven. ;)

• Like 1